Here's the problem with our scheduling

MeanGreenHoops

I don't disagree with you - but they need to be NAME cupcakes; the FCS teams and like won't do it for us.

We have been in the Sunbelt for many years and I still come across people that say "who?" when I tell them which universities are in the conference.

Playing and beating NAME cupcakes will meet a lot of needs.

Like Idaho.

I think everyone could associate a University with the state of Idaho. I really don't think you'll hear "Who?", when bringing up Idaho. Now, you may hear "Are they good?", to which we can answer "No.", and people will come out because they want to see the Mean Green win.

I would venture to say we would have more fans show up to see Idaho if they found out that Idaho is not good, over Ohio once they found out Ohio is good.

*Edited for spelling mistake forever caputured in Tylermeangreen's post below.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

Like Idaho.

I think everyone could associate a University with the state of Idaho. I really don't think you'll hear "Who?", when bringing up Idaho. Now, you may hear "Are they good?", to which we can answer "No.", and people will come out because they want to see the Mean Green win.

I would venture to say we would have more fans show up to see Idaho if they found out they Idaho is not good, over Ohio once they found out Ohio is good.

Interesting suggestion - as I was typing my comment that is exactly the university I was thinking about as I typed.

I believe Idaho and New Mexico State would sign a home and home over the next few season with us in a heartbeat as they try to figure things out. They would be very winnable games for us. We just have to figure out a way to replace the money that we would be giving up by not playing the extra guarantee game each season.

The better our program gets, the more cupcakes that are available. Especially so-called 'name' cupcakes.

Edited by CurveItAround