Brett Vito Recap of todays verbals

Harry

I heard back from all the pertinent parties I was looking for, so here is where UNT stands as of early this afternoon.

Jarmarcus Jarvis was recruited as a running back and cornerback. Where he ends up will depend on how he develops and who else UNT has at both spots.

He's 5-10, 200 and was a first-team all-district and all-parish selection.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2012/01/early-sunday-afternoon-recruit.html

You know, comments like the first one on Vito's blog are ridiculous, to say we are limping towards signing day. In the past, we had no idea who we had until signing day. I'm sure a lot of this last minute maneuvering occurred prior to other signing days but we were never privy to that information, and we were perfectly happy with our classes. Honestly, we really don't know what kind of class we have until they start to develop. Who thought Lemon would not only start, but play as well as he did without haaving a single penalty last year? I'm happy with every young man that signs with us and can't wait to see how they develop over the next 4 or 5 years. Let's read the 2017 edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football to see the final analysis of this class.

Dunbar was a two star, we were Cobbs only offer, Fitzgerald was a walk on, Lemon was a late signee, Delgado was a walk on, etc... We really don't know what we have until they spend some time with us.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have faith in this coaching staff, I really do. You have to believe in their ability to evaluate talent and that they are doing the very best they can with the resources at their disposal. I also like what they did with this class and the last one. We're not going the Juco route anymore were trying to build something that will last. We addressed a lot of key need areas in this class. I will share my thoughts on each of our signees and my thoughts on this class later.