Coppell DB looks to get playing time as a UNT freshman

Harry

David Busby isn’t transfere sure at this point where he will end up playing when he gets to North Texas in the fall.

What the Coppell defensive back does knows is there will be a lot of opportunities when he gets there.

Busby recently committed to UNT and says he hopes to compete for playing time in his freshman season with the Mean Green, which lost all four safeties on its depth chart at the end of the season, not to mention three of its top cornerbacks.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day can sign national letters of intent is Feb. 1.

“The coaches told me that the depth chart is as clear as it ever will be,” Busby said. “It will be a good opportunity.”

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_UNTfb_0119.3ef7247e0.html

Thanks for the correction on the Utags.

He could see some playing time this coming year. I don't think that he'll be ahead of Jackson, Lee, Warner, Swarn, Trice, and possibly Marshall. I also don't think that they're bringing in DQ Johnson to ride the bench. But, especially if he plays corner, he should have an excellent chance for the two-deep.