Rivals Showing New Commit

H-towngreen

I like the signing, but its a kicker. I know it's an important position (assuming you can figure out how to give him enough time to get the kick off), but excuse me for not doing backflips for a player that is on the field maybe 8 plays the whole game.

I'll get excited when we start to see some DL prospects commit or when Javia Hall puts pen to paper.

You do backflips ? Who woulda thunk ! You may not be too excited, but this young man appears to be an excellent pickup who could prove to be a valuable asset to the team.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Missed field goals usually give the opposition good field position. Ever notice how many times we went for it on 4th down because we were in a spot too deep for a punt but the coaches were not willing to kick a field goal?

Then there are the points we left on the field directly to missed/blocked XPs and FGs.

All the points we left on the field due to missed kicks or the hesitancy to opt for the kick directly effects how these games play out. I can think of a couple of games were the ability to kick a normal 40+ yard field goal probably would have completely changed the course of the game, especially when we were ahead and trying to hold that lead.

Again, this kid can't play all 11 positions on the FG team. Until we figure out how to block for extra points/field goals, a strong legged kicker is still useless to this team in the field goal department.

I do agree he will help on kickoffs, though.

Again, this kid can't play all 11 positions on the FG team. Until we figure out how to block for extra points/field goals, a strong legged kicker is still useless to this team in the field goal department.

I do agree he will help on kickoffs, though.

A strong kicker is part of the equation. Don't downplay a kicker's importance just to reflect other problems. Solve them without a good kicker and you are still running in neutral. Yes, it takes 11 to play on the FG team but a kicker is one of those players.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Guest GrayEagleOne

If a kicker enters the game eight times he has a chance to score from 8 to 24 points. It's unlikely that any single defensive lineman can stop that many points in a game.

Certainly not meant to diminish the importance of defensive linemen; in fact, it's our greatest weakness. It's just that a kicker is often the top scorer on the team. That makes him important, period.

If a kicker enters the game eight times he has a chance to score from 8 to 24 points. It's unlikely that any single defensive lineman can stop that many points in a game.

Certainly not meant to diminish the importance of defensive linemen; in fact, it's our greatest weakness. It's just that a kicker is often the top scorer on the team. That makes him important, period.

I was including kickoffs in the eight times, and eight times is not an average, but is most that a kicker on this team is likely to enter the game.

Your theory also assumes that the kicker will have a fighting chance to get the kick past the line of scrimmage, something that a kicker on this team right now does not have.

Look, I'm just saying that, while it's nice to have a kicker, I'll get excited when we sign athletes.

I was including kickoffs in the eight times, and eight times is not an average, but is most that a kicker on this team is likely to enter the game.

I would expect the average on this team to be closer to 10 - 12 kicker appearances per game, especially if our coaches have faith in his abilities to hit Field Goals.

Knott had at least 21 appearances in the Western Kentucky game this year.

Edited by KingDL1

I would expect the average on this team to be closer to 10 - 12 kicker appearances per game, especially if our coaches have faith in his abilities to hit Field Goals.

Knott had at least 21 appearances in the Western Kentucky game this year.

And he had 2 in the Monroe game. Both are the exception, not the rule.

Edited by UNT90