Dodge Left Soul-searching

NT80

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think that if Dodge is really honest in his soul-searching that he'll find that his coaching has the largest influence on the inability to win.

Preceding the decision to kick/not kick the field goal he had a third and one at the 16. He has the best running back in the conference and one of the best in the nation. If Dunbar can't get one yard in two tries then we deserve to lose.

He needs to learn that his formation is not infallible. He needs to keep designing plays with new formations. If it requires Mosley or Seidle in the backfield to block for Dunbar with the quarterback under center, then do it.

If he'd accept his inabilities and promise to do better then I'd feel much better about his staying another year.

IF Knott would have made the PAT and field goal the game may have turned out differently for this game and one or two more. Can anyone, logically, blame RD, the offense, the defense or any/all the coaches for Knott's missed kicks? I guess we should expect more from a "freshman" kicker.

Yes, Knott was already having a bad night with the missed PAT and the following kickoff, but the blocked FG attempt wasn't all on him. The guy blocking it came free; and the same can be said for the blocked punts in some previous games. Plus, what about the decision to attempt the field goal, considering what had happened already in the game? Not to mention the two previous play calls that GrayEagleOne mentioned.

Yes, Knott was already having a bad night with the missed PAT and the following kickoff, but the blocked FG attempt wasn't all on him. The guy blocking it came free; and the same can be said for the blocked punts in some previous games. Plus, what about the decision to attempt the field goal, considering what had happened already in the game? Not to mention the two previous play calls that GrayEagleOne mentioned.

That is a lot of hypotheticals "more" don't you think? would have .... could have .... should have ..... what if ..... different decision .....

the point is Coach Dodge made a decision that seemed correct at that time....... just like he made the decision to go for it on 4th down in the Ohio game instead of kicking a field goal to "possibly "ice" the game. It is easy to say what Coach should have done "after the fact" but it is NOT you on the sidelines making the decision what to do as the game "flows" along. If Coach's decision was fulfilled by the team and would have made the 4th down, against Ohio, and Knott making the field goal against Army and both resulted in winning the games we would have all "Hailed Ceasar" for having foresight and fulfilling somebody's dream of 4-7 right now and possibly beating ASU and being 5-7.

That is a lot of hypotheticals "more" don't you think? would have .... could have .... should have ..... what if ..... different decision .....

the point is Coach Dodge made a decision that seemed correct at that time....... just like he made the decision to go for it on 4th down in the Ohio game instead of kicking a field goal to "possibly "ice" the game. It is easy to say what Coach should have done "after the fact" but it is NOT you on the sidelines making the decision what to do as the game "flows" along. If Coach's decision was fulfilled by the team and would have made the 4th down, against Ohio, and Knott making the field goal against Army and both resulted in winning the games we would have all "Hailed Ceasar" for having foresight and fulfilling somebody's dream of 4-7 right now and possibly beating ASU and being 5-7.

But...WE ARE NOT 4-7!!!!! WE DID NOT MAKE ANY PLAYS TO WIN THOSE GAMES!!!

Good lord, if only Baylor had beat everyone on their schedule, they would be undefeated! If only I had invested in Peir 1 stock when it was at 8 cents, I'd have a lot more money!

I don't see how any person looking at this thing objectively can think this way, which makes me believe you are just a Dodge apologist.

Question. What is Dodge responsible for on this team and what would have to transpire for you to believe a change is needed?