Game Watching At The Pourhouse

UNT 90 Grad

The ULALA game was my first game to watch at the Pourhouse. I'd been there once before to watch the Todd Dodge Show. Here are my thoughts:

1. Great place to watch a game. I sat in the media room. I didn't give the lounge chairs a try, but they looked comfortable. I sat in one of the high backed booths. The A/V quality was a bit of a let down after they had the OU game in HD playing prior to the UNT game, but that obviously isn't the fault of the Pourhouse. I was really sick of all the ESPN commercials when all was said and done. I guess that's a Game Plan thing. At half time when heading to the men's room, it was good to see so much green in the dining room as well along with the UNT game on the larger screens.

2. The fans there were a lot of fun. I enjoyed having a room full of folks to cheer with. Much better than watching the game at home with the kids distracting me and the wife beating me down with questions about why I'm so passionate about a team that hasn't done well in so long. The room was a little inconsistant with the "First Down" cheer. I felt bad for the guy shouting "And that's good for another Mean Green..." when the room would leave him out to dry. I enjoyed singing the fight song with the room each time we scored a TD.

3. The service was slow in the beginning, but I may have not followed the right procedure when seating myself. There was no one at the hostess stand and the last time I was there, they told me to sit where ever I wanted in the media room. However, this time I noticed folks being served, but the staff continued to walk right past my table. I finally asked a passing waitress for a menu, but then no one ever came back by for about 20 minutes. I then flagged someone down and was told that no one was there yet for my table. I guess that the server never showed up because one of the earlier staff members came by and said they would be waiting on my table after all. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

4. Food and drink were great! The prices were a little high, but seemed to match the quality of what you got. I enjoyed the Blue Moon on tap. The fried jalapenos were great! The burger was good too. I tried the nachos the last time I was there and they were awesome too.

Overall, I had a great time and hope to catch more away games there in the future. I just wish it didn't take me 45 minutes to get there from my house.

The ULALA game was my first game to watch at the Pourhouse. I'd been there once before to watch the Todd Dodge Show. Here are my thoughts:

1. Great place to watch a game. I sat in the media room. I didn't give the lounge chairs a try, but they looked comfortable. I sat in one of the high backed booths. The A/V quality was a bit of a let down after they had the OU game in HD playing prior to the UNT game, but that obviously isn't the fault of the Pourhouse. I was really sick of all the ESPN commercials when all was said and done. I guess that's a Game Plan thing. At half time when heading to the men's room, it was good to see so much green in the dining room as well along with the UNT game on the larger screens.

2. The fans there were a lot of fun. I enjoyed having a room full of folks to cheer with. Much better than watching the game at home with the kids distracting me and the wife beating me down with questions about why I'm so passionate about a team that hasn't done well in so long. The room was a little inconsistant with the "First Down" cheer. I felt bad for the guy shouting "And that's good for another Mean Green..." when the room would leave him out to dry. I enjoyed singing the fight song with the room each time we scored a TD.

3. The service was slow in the beginning, but I may have not followed the right procedure when seating myself. There was no one at the hostess stand and the last time I was there, they told me to sit where ever I wanted in the media room. However, this time I noticed folks being served, but the staff continued to walk right past my table. I finally asked a passing waitress for a menu, but then no one ever came back by for about 20 minutes. I then flagged someone down and was told that no one was there yet for my table. I guess that the server never showed up because one of the earlier staff members came by and said they would be waiting on my table after all. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

4. Food and drink were great! The prices were a little high, but seemed to match the quality of what you got. I enjoyed the Blue Moon on tap. The fried jalapenos were great! The burger was good too. I tried the nachos the last time I was there and they were awesome too.

Overall, I had a great time and hope to catch more away games there in the future. I just wish it didn't take me 45 minutes to get there from my house.

It was a great fan experience. My friends and I sat in the chairs in the front row. It was really nice.

You are right on about the commercials and the picture quality. I got there pretty early, so I was teased with the pic quality from the baylor ou game beforehand. that was disappointing. The other game distro wasn't very good. they doubled the "lesser" game in louisanna for part of the game when they could have put the michigan game on...or something else... I went to ask about that, but the server wasn't much help there.

atmosphere was pretty cool. when we took that 10 point lead going into the 4th, it was a fun time. I could have done without the kick to the groin at the end...but I would guess that would be the case for all of us.

Those chairs were really nice. very comfy. they were a bit awkward when trying to eat, but they were made for sipping some 2 dollar ziegen bochs whilest enjoying some college football...

If I can get another hall pass, I'm in for the next one.