Fouts Tour

UNTflyer

i went and thier was about 14 other students...no generatrors as their not thier since its not game week...and the one guy who had the key to the visiting lockerroom wasnt on campus and it was locked...so we didnt get to see those either....butt eh tour was cool and i now realize how shitty that place really is...RV convinced everyone thier who was on the fence to vote yes for the new stadium...hopefully they all tell thier friends!

What a GREAT idea! When I worked for the athletic department in the early 90's I was astonished at the condition of the stadium. The first time pulling up to it did not look that bad, but the interior did not hide a flaw. When you walk into the offices, equipment rooms, and player rooms it reminds one of a bomb shelter. (Come to think of it, this stadium was built in the 50's so was "Red Scare" ready!)

Anyway, the room we used for VIP's and returning Lettermen was hideous and smelled like something had just died there the night before. This was before the infamous "Lipstick on a Pig" paint job and new rug so it was even worse back then.

This is not a fine cognac or whiskey...age HAS NOT made it any better!!! :D

Edited by NCMeanGreen

They should have given free stuff to those that attended.

The bomb shelter thing is pretty accurate. Both Willis and Wooten, as well as quite a few other buildings on campus, were designed with this specific purpose in mind.

I didn't think of this before, maybe somebody knows. When I worked game days for the AD, there were a TON of old awards, trophies, etc. in a storage room where there were also folding tables and chairs. Does anybody know if these were moved to any of the new facilities that have been opened in the last couple of years? Or are they still trapped in a hole under Fouts?

The bomb shelter thing is pretty accurate. Both Willis and Wooten, as well as quite a few other buildings on campus, were designed with this specific purpose in mind.

I didn't think of this before, maybe somebody knows. When I worked game days for the AD, there were a TON of old awards, trophies, etc. in a storage room where there were also folding tables and chairs. Does anybody know if these were moved to any of the new facilities that have been opened in the last couple of years? Or are they still trapped in a hole under Fouts?

I was told they finally took these from Fouts and put some into the new memorbilia displays in the foyer of the new AC. Sadly, several of the items had been water damaged or distroyed by mice, etc.