Assessment Of My First Experience

oldguystudent

Well, it looks like I'll need to bring more beer to future games.

We showed up too early at about 1 o'clock, and parked in the lot behind the super pit thinking we could tailgate there, but to no avail. We wandered around the orange and blue lots a little bit, but people just kinda' looked at us funny (Old guy and his daughter? What're they doing here?)

We finally settled in at the student tailgating section, threw a little football around, drank some beer, and listened to the band before going in.

Did the village thing a little bit, but didn't have the necessary enigmatic wristbands to participate in anything.

The kid starting crying in the game because we were sitting in the student section on the 50 yard line, and she couldn't see anything. I put her up in the rail, but security came and made her get down. We moved over the the endzone by the cannon, and she had a lot better time there. She enjoyed watching the smoke rings come out of the cannon.

It was fun, but it would be a lot better if we knew somebody. Tough going these things alone.

For those in town for the games, why don't you work out something to identify each other? Wearing a certain t-shirt, etc...make new friends. That's half the fun! The other half is winning, so you should at least try for 50% of the experience...