More Scrimmage Leftovers

flyeater

Interesting bit of news. Excuse me if it's already been posted.

Wolverine trust broken?

Offensive lineman Justin Boren says he’s left the Michigan football team because the program’s “family values have eroded.”

The 6-foot-3, 310-pound Boren would have been one of two returning starters on the offensive line next season and the Wolverines’ most experienced lineman. The junior-to-be started every game last season, either at center or left guard.

Boren left the team Monday. On Wednesday he released a statement saying in part: “Michigan football was a family, built on mutual respect and support for each other from (former) Coach (Lloyd) Carr on down. We knew it took the entire family, a team effort, and we all worked together.

“I have great trouble accepting that those family values have eroded in just a few months. “ ... That I am unable to perform under these circumstances at the level I expect of myself, and my teammates and Michigan fans deserve, is why I have made the decision to leave.”

Boren told reporters after Michigan’s first spring practice 10 days ago that adapting to new coach Rich Rodriguez’s no-huddle spread offense was physically challenging. He mentioned the difficulty the offensive linemen had constantly running to the line of scrimmage.

-- The Associated Press

"Boren told reporters after Michigan’s first spring practice 10 days ago that adapting to new coach Rich Rodriguez’s no-huddle spread offense was physically challenging. He mentioned the difficulty the offensive linemen had constantly running to the line of scrimmage."

I don't recall any of our offensive linemen complaining about this in our new offense last season, but I don't think they run to the line of scrimmage although they get set quicker than in DD's old run-based offense.