Question About Our Daktronics Screen

ADLER

Wouldn't the Daktronics (commonly referred to as the Jumbotron) monitor in the Super Pit better serve a function if it always showed the action in 5 second delay?

Seriously, why would anybody watch the live action on the screen instead of on the court? The screen doesn't seem to fill any purpose during the games. A five second delay would allow fans to watch an instant replay of every rebound, every steal, every assist, every foul, every basket, and would give us twice as much to cheer about.

It just seems to make too much sense.

Is there a reason that this is not done already?

Wouldn't the Daktronics (commonly referred to as the Jumbotron) monitor in the Super Pit better serve a function if it always showed the action in 5 second delay?

Seriously, why would anybody watch the live action on the screen instead of on the court? The screen doesn't seem to fill any purpose during the games. A five second delay would allow fans to watch an instant replay of every rebound, every steal, every assist, every foul, every basket, and would give us twice as much to cheer about.

I go to quite a few Mavs games every year. The Mavericks always have the live feed going during the game. I think it's mostly so that if someone gets up in front of you, you can still watch the game on the JumboTron even if you can't see the action on the court.

My guess is that this is the main reason. I can't really think of any other reason.

I think your idea is good though. I hadn't really thought of it that way.

I don't think the NCAA wants the average fan to see how bad the ref's actually are. It may go back to the rule that no play under review can be shown in the stadium. If you are broadcasting the game on the Jumbotron, pretty much every play gets shown.