Riley @ Ut

H-towngreen

Riley Dodge comitted to UT as an athlete, which basically means "hey we'll give you a shot a QB, it prolly won't work out. So after that we will move you to either DB or WR." Now as good as I think he is as a Qb I don't see him cutting it at that position at UT. Colt has 3 more years left and after that I'm sure UT has another big time QB on board or ready to hop on this year or next. And by big time I mean top 5 in the country. As for him moving to DB or WR, I don't see him ever getting even a sniff of playing time. UT has turned into Defensive Back U. constantly turning out pro talent at that position. And as for WR he just doesn't have the size, or speed for that matter. While yes he is fast for a QB, he is not for a WR. He may end up holding a clipboard or getting in on special teams but I don't see him starting at any point.

Now having said all that, I can't blame him for going there. UT is a contender for the National Championship year in any year out. It is the school that his father played for. Most kids growing up can only dream of getting an offer to attend UT on a football 'ship. Add in that Tre Newton will be going. I wish things would have worked out here at NT with his Dad, but I can't blame him and wish him nothing but the best of luck. And who knows maybe in a few years we will see him here at NT with his old man.