Cobbs

BoJangles12

I hope it's true. I've been monitoring Miami's web site since Ronnie Brown's injury and I found these press conference comments from Nick Saban on Cobbs (apparently a reporter was inquiring about Cobbs):

(On if Patrick Cobbs is still on the practice squad) – “Yeah he’s still on the practice squad and he does a good job every week. He’s been scout team player of the week on several occasions. He gives great effort. He did a nice job in preseason for New England. We keep him here so we must like him.”

(On if Patrick Cobbs is an option at the running back position on the active roster) – “We’re not discussing options right now. We’re still figuring that out ourselves based on what’s available and what we’re looking at.”

Here's the complete press conference transcript: http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/...?contentID=4896

Dolphins | Cobbs could get promoted for Week 12 game

Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:26:58 -0800

Greg Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown

(hand) is out for the Week 12 game, leaving RBs Sammy Morris and Travis

Minor as the only two running backs on the active roster. Head coach Nick

Saban said the team would not play the Jacksonville Jaguars with just two

running backs on the roster. RB Patrick Cobbs is on the practice squad and

could get promoted for the game.

Being a Dolphins fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Oh, what the hell... our season is over anyways...  put him in!

---Your season's over.??... have faith ( you are no West Texan, never give up) ... Miami has 5 wins including 4 consecutive wins.... there are only two wild card possibles with 7 wins and one of them is Denver which seems to be falling apart plus the other 6 win teams aren't very impressive at this point.... Miami still has a chance.... after all the Cowboys were two games down to the Giants and now they lead by one.

Go Patrick. Make the most of the situation.....

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66