I hope to 1 day read a article similar to this one

NT03

From the Sports Xchange 12/18/2005:

Rick Stockstill thanked the coaches that preceded him -- Charles Murphy, Boots Donnelly and Andy McCollum -- and then immediately hit the ground running.

Stockstill was hired as the 14th head coach in school history and replaced Andy McCollum, who was fired after seven seasons.

McCollum was the only coach Middle Tennessee had in the Division I-A era, which began in 1999.

"Those guys have laid a great foundation here over the years," Stockstill said. "I know this is a difficult situation and I've been here many times before. But I want to thank those guys because they've done the hard work and they've laid the foundation. They've laid the concrete and I'm following them.

"With that being said, now it's my time and my turn to take this program to the next level."

The Blue Raiders went 4-7 overall and 3-4 in the Sun Belt this season, and finished with a losing record for the fourth straight year.

"I told the team that I'm not a patient person," Stockstill said. "I'm not going to come here and say, 'In two years or three years or four years, this is what we ought to be.' I know we've got some challenges ahead of us, and it's not going to be easy. But I'm committed to it, and I expect us to challenge and win games this year."

"I told the team that I'm not a patient person," Stockstill said. "I'm not going to come here and say, 'In two years or three years or four years, this is what we ought to be.' I know we've got some challenges ahead of us, and it's not going to be easy. But I'm committed to it, and I expect us to challenge and win games this year."

That is what I want to hear from a coach.