How to get attendance up this year

marc_moffitt

Kill off is a tough word...

But i do know that there were alot of things that lead to the 'demise' of the group...

I dont wanna bring up all the sides of it because it owuld piss alot of folks on this board...

As far as the AD...when Gak, Dub, Strange, and myself decided to put it in motion and Gak led the way, they were very optimistic and helpful and we got our shirts and that was basically it.  Jamie Adams was always a very helpful hand in it and i dont want him to think if he reads this we weren't grateful for HIS help...but it basically stopped there..

This is one of the reasons why I suggested that you join/stay in Talons and build from there. You or those of you left would now be an established group of basketball crazy's, with university sanctioning and have access to the annual budget to push through needed projects.

In my day we had over 100 actives and needed an entire half section down below to seat everyone. Our games against conference foes such as UTA drew over 5,000. We worked for the AD to help promote the games. Did anything they needed and in return they helped us establish our place at the games and take part in timeout activities to help not only promote spirit at the games but membership as well. The reason it died away? Jimmy Gales started to lose and was fired, coupled with the fact that many of our most spirited Talons graduated.

There are many new students who read this board. It's never too late to start something new and exciting. Join Talons, get involved, don't take no for an answer and begin where we left off.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick