A "Rose-y" Outlook for January 4th!

Both teams routed their respective oponents. Texas blasted 7-4 Colorado, 70-3....and Southern Cal rolled over 9-1 and 12th ranked UCLA, 66-19.

So who wins the National Championship? I am not making a prediction because my brother, Mike Van Guilder is a faculty member (professor) at USC.

If Texas can stop Reggie Bush, and Vince Young can be himself, it will be a great game. Truly, the best two, both undefeated and both 12-0 are playing-as well they should be.

Well, we've waited all year for this matchup in the Rose Bowl. No questions after this game. I won't pick either team because I like them both. No question but Vince Young and Reggie Bush picked a great day for football to showcase their talents. If you care about college football you gotta love it!

cant imagine the point spread being much...

USC would have to be the favorite, but I think it will be a close game.

Im sure many will compare Texas this year to OU last year, however Texas's secondary/defense is much better than OU's was in 2004. USC's d-line isnt as good as it was last year and Texas's rushing by committee seems to be pretty effective- if fresno could run up the middle all day. Texas's Oline should create holes. Same for USC. I think taking those things into account should make for a good game.

Much like last year's Rose Bowl, both teams will score alot of points, IMO and Texas success/failure will again rest almost entirely on #10. If he plays lights out, watch out, Texas could upset. If he turns the ball over alot, LONG day for horns.