ATTITUDE MATTERS

posiesnivy

I am bringing up this topic to make a point so stay with me.

Our High School Football team won their game last night over Sapulpa. Why is this such a big deal? For two reasons.

Jenks has always been a powerhouse team in Oklahoma sending players every year to D-1 schools. Last week Sapulpa handed Jenks a loss during the class 6A playoffs. We went in as underdogs, playing on Sapulpa's field and came out with a 42-27 win. Mustang now advances to the semi-finals next week.

We are playing with a quarterback that is maybe 5'6" tall but he plays like he is 6'5". He is one of, if not the best quarterback in 6A at this time. I realize the odds are against him to play D-1 ball but he plays with such attitude!

This is my second point. ATTITUDE DOES MATTER. I realize coaching has a lot to do with the win-loss record, but so does the attitude the players carry out onto the field.

We've been watching the Mustang team on TV this year and the whole team plays with ATTITUDE. They do not give up!

We're still following NT and I can't help but wonder where the Mean Green would be at this time if they had the attitude that this 5'6" I WILL WIN quarterback had.