Future Conference Name: SWC

Green Grenade II

I have always believed that perception is everything. The MAC sounds like a burger from McDonalds. The WAC was formerly the Womens Air Corp during World War II. The Big 12 sounds like bluejeans that are just too big. The Big Ten sounds like the top pop tunes of the week. The SouthEast Conference is just a bunch of rednecks and cajuns, The Pack Ten is a box of cigars owned by surfer dudes, and The Big East is a cheap knock off of The Big Easy.

The SunBelt Conference is generally looked on as the bottom feeder in Division 1-A. That is perception. pure and simple. That we don't beat out of conference teams does not help. However, may I humbly suggest we change t he name of our conference to SunWest Conference. The initials (SWC) ring with history. The old Southwest Conference is caput.

On another note (high C)...LousyAnna Tech thinks they're too important to join the SunBelt. Their huge metropolis of Ruston is just too high and mighty for us. Hell, our campus would drawf theirs. Our student body is bigger than the entire population of Ruston.

I am in a 3-point stance ready to roll into Ruston tomorrow morning. Margie just asked me to go to the store. Damn, now I have to get out of this 3-point stance, or look funny driving that way!

I humbly suggest we change t he name of our conference to SunWest Conference.

Have you looked at a map of the U.S. recently? The Sun Belt is an southeastern conference. All of its expansion in football has been in the Eastern time zone, and the last two Mountain time zone football schools just left.

Perhaps it should be called the SEC -- SunEast Conference. :-).