Would you like to see NT recruit more JC's

El Paso Eagle

I think balance is key. As we are seeing with this team, a lot of inexperience causes lots of mistakes. Those mistakes are a natural part of learning, so I don't necessarily think the players are bad just because they are making some poor choices.

However, I think that recruiting a few seasoned JUCOs could help bring the maturity and focus the teams need. Especially when you are coaching a bunch of talented but young guys, you need some mentors in there to help them out. Although I think JMo has incredible talent, I think even he would say he would not have accomplished so much without PC's tutelage. I realize PC was no JUCO and that he's an exceptional coach (as well as player) but you get my drift.

I think balance is key. As we are seeing with this team, a lot of inexperience causes lots of mistakes. Those mistakes are a natural part of learning, so I don't necessarily think the players are bad just because they are making some poor choices.

However, I think that recruiting a few seasoned JUCOs could help bring the maturity and focus the teams need. Especially when you are coaching a bunch of talented but young guys, you need some mentors in there to help them out. Although I think JMo has incredible talent, I think even he would say he would not have accomplished so much without PC's tutelage. I realize PC was no JUCO and that he's an exceptional coach (as well as player) but you get my drift.

Lets see: This year we brought in a JC TE who conerted from a OL Chaney, a 3*DEWillie Ransom, a CB Oubre, a Safety.. Weathers a DT Pistole That makes 5 this year.

Last year a 3* CB TJ Covington who starts , a LB Travis Thompson 2nd team after an injury redshirt.

There are several others on the team from prior years. THE MAJOR TRANSFER WE NEEDED WAS AN EXPERIENCED QB.

Lets see: This year we brought in a JC TE who conerted from a OL Chaney, a 3*DEWillie Ransom, a CB Oubre, a Safety.. Weathers a DT Pistole That makes 5 this year.

Last year a 3* CB TJ Covington who starts , a LB Travis Thompson 2nd team after an injury redshirt.

There are several others on the team from prior years. THE MAJOR TRANSFER WE NEEDED WAS AN EXPERIENCED QB.

I don't care if we recruit high school or JUCO players, I just want BETTER players. Just because an athlete has played JUCO ball doesn't make him better than a HS player.

Now if the main reason these JUCO players were forced into JUCO was because they couldn't pass the college entrance exam and they have real football talent, then I'm for it, as long as they've gotten their academics in order (of course).