UNT vs. LSU delayed television broadcast

gangrene

I'm torn. I know I will take some heat over this, but I was just given some great tickets to the UT-LA-Lafayette game. And, of course I'm going...I'll be scouting the SBC competition. wink.gif

Previously, I was planning on staying home for that weekend and enjoying the college action on TV, while listening to Georgie call the game on the MGRN. Now I'm at a loss as to how to get live game updates. Since UT starts at 6 and UNT starts at 7, I'm probably not going to have any idea how the game is going until halftime of the UT game.

Does anyone know when the delayed UNT-LSU broadcast will air and what station will carry it? I know the MGRN doesn't extend past the golden triangle. I also know that the official LSU Radio Network has no affiliates in the state of Texas. But, maybe there is a station in Austin that carries SEC games in general or even a broadcast of another SEC team that might provide more updates of SEC games.

How do you guys in Austin get your updates? Is the internet the only option?

My cell has a web browser and I'll definitely be using that but does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can find out the score during the game?

Thanks,

gangrene

What does delayed mean?  Does this mean later that night or later in the week?  If later in the week, does anyone have any idea if it will be on any pay per view that night?

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

That's basically what I wanted to know as well. I had heard from this board and in the DMN that the telecast will be delayed, but I can't find any specific information. I guess the lack of responses would indicate that everyone is basically in the dark on this right now.

From the Sun Belt site -

Sept. 3 North Texas at LSU (tape delay) CST/TBA

Note also on the site that it says that Cox Sports Television will be running the tape delay. All of LSU's home games are tape delayed and run during the early morning on Cox Sports. So I don't think that anyone around here will be picking up that tape delay since it's a Cox production.

Note also on the site that it says that Cox Sports Television will be running the tape delay. All of LSU's home games are tape delayed and run during the early morning on Cox Sports. So I don't think that anyone around here will be picking up that tape delay since it's a Cox production.

I do believe that Gainesville is running on Cox cable, not sure about anyother towns in north texas?