Mean Green beat Lamar 70-66

SUMG

I didn't notice anything today.

It's hard to promote when you have NO budget and apparently very little alumni support. It's a good thing we can all pull together to print up door hangers for the football team, though. <_<

The Crew is working their broke asses off as we speak to get this done since so many things we thought were definite have fallen through. We have no promotion out yet because we're trying to get everything finalized this afternoon.

Either way, we'll have flyers and signs on campus by tomorrow. A little late, I know...but we're confident that our methods will get people out to the game...and if not...well...sorry.

Edited by JayDub

It's hard to promote when you have NO budget and apparently very little alumni support. It's a good thing we can all pull together to print up door hangers for the football team, though. dry.gif

The Crew is working their broke asses off as we speak to get this done since so many things we thought were definite have fallen through. We have no promotion out yet because we're trying to get everything finalized this afternoon.

Either way, we'll have flyers and signs on campus by tomorrow. A little late, I know...but we're confident that our methods will get people out to the game...and if not...well...sorry.

It seems you took my reply as a shot at the Pit Crew, and it was not.

The Pit Crew shouldn't have to spend what little money they have to promote the games. There is another SPIRIT organization that probably has a little cash to spend. I am suprised that none of the alumni on this board who are much more well off at this point in their careers than the students in the Pit Crew haven't pitched in a little as well.

The fact there is nothing on campus has next to nothing to do with the Pit Crew, in fact I think it shows their value because

1) It's obvious that the other spirit organization isn't gonna do jack.

2) It's obvious that the AD isn't gonna do much to promote themselves.

It's a shame that it all falls on the Pit Crew to get something done, all factors mentioned should be working together on this type of thing.

It seems you took my reply as a shot at the Pit Crew, and it was not.

I know it wasn't...I apologize if my response came off that way. I was just taking a shot at the situation. We were all a little stressed earlier today.

We met with a few folks in the athletic dept. today including Hank. They are hitting campus with flyers tomorrow...we're gonna have some of our own as well. Things are better than they were this morning...but in all honesty...we're having to do this on a budget of $0. So I'm DAMN impressed with what we've been able to pull off just by making a few phone calls and pressing the flesh a little.

I'm impressed with what you all have done to this point with little financial assistance. I am also surprised that the Talons haven't done anything, or am I. I would recommend contacting each sorority and fraternity on campus and ask for help. I would also contact the leaders of other student organizations to see if they would be willing to assist. It appears from reading this thread that some people or organizations have offered/promised help and aren't coming through now which is disappointing to say the least.

I would love to help out, but am unable to at this time. I won't even be able to make it to the game because of a prior committment on this evening, but I wish you all the best of luck with you efforts and hope that you don't get discouraged. You all are just starting something that will hopefully be around for a long time.

I would recommend contacting each sorority and fraternity on campus and ask for help.

That's a pretty good idea. I'd pick a good looking girl and a good looking guy that are already in the Pit Crew and have them go together to the meetings. It may be a little late, since they all have their meetings on Mondays and they may only have one meeting left for the semester, but it'd help to get your name out. You could take a flyer with the Pit Crew info to give out, as well as a schedule of the home games.

Maybe for the TCU game you could call the Presidents and just make them aware. You could probably get a list of their numbers from IFC.