SB at South Florida (3/28-30/24)

Starts tonight at 5 Central instead of tomorrow, assuming to accommodate for Easter. USF enters the series at 23-13 overall but 3-6 in conference play. They've lost 2 of 3 vs. Charlotte, at Tulsa, and at UAB.

FAU, who we are currently tied with for best record in the conference at 8-1, gets a home series with ECU this weekend, who is 24-9, 2-7.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently down 1-0 heading to the fourth.  Savage throwing a 1 hitter.

USF's field is weird.  The screens go to the ground which creates a bad fielder's background.  Outside of that, it is a very nice facility.  It appears the third base stands are attached to the baseball field.

I think our announcers at our home games are really good. On the road....it's hit and miss. But, this guy tonight is superb. Very knowledgeable of our team and our season.

Hate that triple being wiped out......

• Upvote 3

FAU ties the game up 4-4 in the bottom of the 7th with ECU. Takes another seven for anyone else to score a run. ECU wins 5-4 in 14.

Wichita State could have made it a three-way tie for first but lost to Charlotte 4-2 after scoring the first two runs. So UNT doesn't lose any ground, remains tied with FAU at the top of the conference at 8-2. Charlotte and WSU are 7-3.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

Tough 5-0 loss today but always thought the regular season was more about seedings for the big prize, conference tournament. Win the conference tournament = NCAA tournament bid!

Yes but it's be nice to grab one of those top two seeds who only have to win two games to win the title!

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, SUMG said:

I think our announcers at our home games are really good. On the road....it's hit and miss. But, this guy tonight is superb. Very knowledgeable of our team and our season.

I agree.  The USF broadcast team was excellent.

17 hours ago, SUMG said:

Hate that triple being wiped out......

Man, that took the wind out of our sails.  Just killed momentum at a point when we could have tied it up or gone ahead considering hits tend to be contagious.  I never saw a clear replay.  Did anyone else?  DeLong didn't seem to argue the call.

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree.  The USF broadcast team was excellent.

Man, that took the wind out of our sails.  Just killed momentum at a point when we could have tied it up or gone ahead considering hits tend to be contagious.  I never saw a clear replay.  Did anyone else?  DeLong didn't seem to argue the call.

Felt the same way you did.....Rodney seemed to not argue the call. So he must have thought it was correct. 

My hearing is lousy.....but I believe they said that the USF coach has been there for 25 years, and lead them to the NCAA tourney 15 times? If so....they have a heckuva program. 

Nice win in game 2....as our bats came alive....and we won 9-5. Thrilled to see Lexi Cobb get three hits...including two doubles. MackWags started......but was pulled after two....and MackChil finished the game (pitching the last five innings.) 

Team now 20-13......9-2 in AAC play. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/28/2024 at 5:52 PM, UNTLifer said:

USF's field is weird.  The screens go to the ground which creates a bad fielder's background.  Outside of that, it is a very nice facility.  It appears the third base stands are attached to the baseball field.

Very unique setup. I wish we could get some shade and seatbacks at the Lace.

20240329_195333.jpg.e079889f2fa2b8ff2a9e5139ca8586fe.jpg

Here's the grandstand at Wichita State where the conference championship will be.

dji_0785_norUJ.jpg.7eede2261d49209f75ab22c4441fc602.jpg

• Upvote 2

The graphic with the score on the game....has under North Texas (where our record would be).....it says..."82-73, First In The NL Central."

Can't wait til our series with the Cardinals next week.

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Great series win. Today....we went against their staff ace....the one that beat us Thursday. Her ERA is in the low 1s. 

We only got two hits....but the last one, a two run double by Kailey Gamble....won it in the 8th.....2-0.

8 inning shutout by Mackenzie Childers....who has now lowered her ERA to 2.87. She has been phenomenal the last 3-4 weeks.

Our team is now 21-13....and 10-2 in league play.

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 3

Next up.......29-6 (and 8th ranked) Okie State comes to town. They run rule a lot of teams. 

But they did lose to Tulsa 3-0...and we swept Tulsa. 

So let's see what happens......Go Mean Green!

The game is Wednesday night at 6....at The Lace. 

• Upvote 5