The Importance of Out of State Recruiting in 2022

gordo nation

Please read this... If you do not agree with me, please educate me and explain why I am wrong. Thank you!

Out of state recruiting... It's a topic that I will always defend and promote intensely. While the concept may be the least powerful in the state of Texas due to such hot beds of talent throughout such a juggernaut of a state, that doesn't change the importance and benefits that lay within the world of recruits beyond state lines...

Let's set something straight first... When it comes to out of state recruiting, Texas falls far behind any other state in the nation; granted this is completely by choice, not because of failure at attempting. Seriously go take any football roster in the state of Texas, and compare it to any other FBS school in the country. Even other talent rich states such as Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and California all recruit out of state at a higher rate than any program in Texas.

Okay so why does this matter, you may ask? Well when you're competing against dozens of other FBS programs in your state, it really can be beneficial to claim territory in unchartered lands, ESPECIALLY FOR A G5 PROGRAM LIKE UNT. While an instate recruit may have a great deal of knowledge about UNT (for better or for worse) out of state recruits can be truly reeled into the program by our top of the line facilities, great location, and rising premise in athletics. Expanding your recruiting geographic footprint also expands the notoriety and strength of a university of a national level. 

Do I believe UNT should recruit more out of state than instate? Absolutely not, but I believe it is foolish to limit yourself completely to a single state when it comes to high school recruiting. This is why I believe UNT needs to hire a coach that has experience both in and out of Texas.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gordo nation said:

Please read this... If you do not agree with me, please educate me and explain why I am wrong. Thank you!

Out of state recruiting... It's a topic that I will always defend and promote intensely. While the concept may be the least powerful in the state of Texas due to such hot beds of talent throughout such a juggernaut of a state, that doesn't change the importance and benefits that lay within the world of recruits beyond state lines...

Let's set something straight first... When it comes to out of state recruiting, Texas falls far behind any other state in the nation; granted this is completely by choice, not because of failure at attempting. Seriously go take any football roster in the state of Texas, and compare it to any other FBS school in the country. Even other talent rich states such as Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and California all recruit out of state at a higher rate than any program in Texas.

Okay so why does this matter, you may ask? Well when you're competing against dozens of other FBS programs in your state, it really can be beneficial to claim territory in unchartered lands, ESPECIALLY FOR A G5 PROGRAM LIKE UNT. While an instate recruit may have a great deal of knowledge about UNT (for better or for worse) out of state recruits can be truly reeled into the program by our top of the line facilities, great location, and rising premise in athletics. Expanding your recruiting geographic footprint also expands the notoriety and strength of a university of a national level. 

Do I believe UNT should recruit more out of state than instate? Absolutely not, but I believe it is foolish to limit yourself completely to a single state when it comes to high school recruiting. This is why I believe UNT needs to hire a coach that has experience both in and out of Texas.

NT seems to have a toehold in Las Vegas for some reason.  However, out of state recruiting has got to be more expensive.  The question is can you get better players from other states, and at most Texas schools; the answer is not many.