Simplifying bowl questions without getting snippy

JesseMartin

Look...I definitely get the reasons people are back and forth about the likelihood of New Orleans. I, too, feel like it would be a bit of a step backwards but want to confirm some things that seemed to have made it clearer, without finger pointing and just analyzing possibilities.

Independence and HOD seem to be off the table at this point unless bowl committees do a lot of trading and shuffling...right? I mean our first HOD was like that too. I hope they are just looking at it from that angle and would take one of those two instead if things rolled our way in bowl trades after today's games.

So of the remaining likely ones...Armed Forces for a 2nd Army rematch in 2 years? I'm always happy when we play academies but this would be kind of blah.

So New Mexico against MWC or New Orleans against the Belt seems like the most reasonable debate and we're essentially deciding between a slightly better bowl and opponent in NM or a likely bigger contingent of our fans in NO. Obviously you all know I would prefer NM since I could probably actually go and help set up some cool events for us. But the growing crowd of fans is a big reason for the undefeated season at home and I'm thinking a big part of the reason for taking a less preferable bowl...which is also earlier and gives less extra practice time...is that they want tons of you there. They may get that with another Army rematch or maybe not. And hopefully if either of the other 2 come available to us they will jump and trade up. 

Other than my guesses at reasoning...is the rest correct? Or did I miss something? (and yeah I'm still quietly hoping for New Mexico so I can see all of you but I think that's why Seth and co. are leaning towards NO as well...to see more of you if their best options are between those 2.)

Edited by JesseMartin