Would you like to see the UNT Flying Worm retro uniform return?

meaniegreenie

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Throwbacks were ok. I liked the classic look. Have no problem with worm other than using 2 greens and a white helmet. Worm is nice on a throwback, but by no means should be used today. We have a solid logo we don't use. I think the issue is that our current look isn't good. Made these seem a lot better. I would be ok with using the throwback uniform, updating the green and using a green helmet with a white SOW.

• Upvote 2

I would rather look to the future rather than dwelling on the past,both good and bad, but that's just me.

Says the man with the "stylized eagle" avatar. :thumbsu:

I loved the uniforms. The one change I would make is names on the back and the green being our current official shade. Love the double striped pants and jerseys. Not a huge fan of the white helmets, but those looked sharp. Would go with those or change to green, double strip down the helmet, with a white logo.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

Done with the throwbacks. Great look for one game, now lets focus on our identity going forward. I like the interlocking NT personally.

My parents both sort of chuckled at the flying worm incidentally. I had to explain to them what the heck it was. They are both A&M and TTech grads, for what it's worth.

• Upvote 3

Says the man with the "stylized eagle" avatar. :thumbsu:

I loved the uniforms. The one change I would make is names on the back and the green being our current official shade. Love the double striped pants and jerseys. Not a huge fan of the white helmets, but those looked sharp. Would go with those or change to green, double strip down the helmet, with a white logo.

When Harry went to the new format this is what was set up and I never got around to changing it. Certainly it reminds me of our Glory Days, but I had more fun when Corky and Darrell coached . During Fry's tenure I had 2 kids and was starting a new business, so didn't see many games.Oh well.

To the OP question. Hell yes.

To my old man sensitivities. Really, Harry? Another uniform thread?

Sigh. OK. Fine. Put the SOW on the helmet, but have some small worm patch on the uniform somewhere.

I'm struggling to find a good sample image, but see the elephant on the sleeve of the A's jerseys? That's from an insult from the New York Giants way back in 1901. The A's are still holding and celebrating the grudge, even if it isn't their primary logo. I really dig that kind of stuff. Gives the young kids a sense of long standing tradition to feel part of.

23207a_lg.jpeg

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Use the throwbacks from the Idaho game, with a little tweaking.

Pants- Great looking, classic look with the double stripes

Jerseys- Great looking, classic look. Still prefer the darker green, but if the current green is the official color, then go with that. Put North Texas on the front of the jersey.

Helmet- As much as love the "Flying Worm", we probably need to go with the "Son of Worm". Prefer a white SOW on a green helmet.

Note: I did like the green Flying Worm on the white helmet, but we need to add some green stripes on top to match the double stripes on the pants.

Our current away uniform is not bad, but I can't stand the green on green on green at home. I love the throwbacks worn on Saturday and will take the striped pants and jersey every game. I'm not crazy about about the sea foam green of our current home unis. As for the scripting on the helmets, I understand why it was first used but never been a fan.

• Upvote 2

I love the dark green uniforms and the white helmet, and obviously, the flying worm is awesome. I'd love to see these uniforms come out once per year, going forward, at Homecoming for sure.

I, too, am not a fan of the current shade of green, nor do I like the North Texas on the green helmet. I still think the SOW or the interlocking NT on a white helmet with a dark green jersey is the look we should strive for...which means it will never happen.

Throwbacks were ok. I liked the classic look. Have no problem with worm other than using 2 greens and a white helmet. Worm is nice on a throwback, but by no means should be used today. We have a solid logo we don't use. I think the issue is that our current look isn't good. Made these seem a lot better. I would be ok with using the throwback uniform, updating the green and using a green helmet with a white SOW.

This.

I had SO many people say the retro 100-year uniforms looked AWESOME and ask me if they would be wearing the uniform again the rest of the season. RV has been adamant that they would not and I understand that the University has dumped a lot of time and dough into the SOW...which I also like BTW...

That said would you vote for the retro look to return again this season or in the future?

Would rather see the SOW, but if they want to go that way, put the SOW on the freaking football helmet!!

For the record, I don't care of we play in pink tutus as long as we win at Ohio on Saturday.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2