Saturday's most telling stat: 0 for 3

Lurker

I think the stat that has me scratching my head is ZERO return yards in the kicking game for #3. Chancellor either took a knee or fair caught every ball that was kicked to him. Someone near me declared during halftime warmups that they saw him practicing his fair catch signal. Chancellor called for one fair catch when there wasn't anyone with at least 10 yards of him. Anyone heard an explanation for this?

• Upvote 1

I saw Coach Riddle come unglued the second time so I wonder if it's Brelan making the decision or he's being told???

In the end it doesn't matter but hopefully they can correct it in the future.

I will say this....Mac has this team absolutely petrified to turn the ball over EVER. I think if you give up the pill under Mac you get sent to a leper colony. It really is a major obsession for Mac and he's right, if you don't turn the ball over and your opponent does you usually win.

I saw Coach Riddle come unglued the second time so I wonder if it's Brelan making the decision or he's being told???

I will say this....Mac has this team absolutely petrified to turn the ball over EVER. I think if you give up the pill under Mac you get sent to a leper colony. It really is a major obsession for Mac and he's right, if you don't turn the ball over and your opponent does you usually win.

Yes, you usually do... as long as you actually outscore them as well. This football, it can be a real risk/reward type of sport! ^_^

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fine line between not risking a turnover and playing scared.

Chancellor just isn't a very good punt returner, plain and simple. Mac said in the radio show, the fair catches were his call. He has had 2 years to improve. Time to find another option.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1