Mclovin' The Speed And Defensive-Minded Recruiting

This all bodes well for the future. Torrance Carr...I hope this kid end up on the defensive side of the ball. I love the thought of a 6-3/220 pound safety patrolling the backfield or creeping up to the line for blitzes.

It goes without saying that I'm still just giddy about getting Kerry Swarn. A bona fide Stoops brother secondary recruit ends up in Denton! This is a good sign.

I also like the LB Derek Akunne from North Garland. Linebackers at 225-240 with 4.5 speed are a good good for us. This is TCU/OU type of stuff the way they shift recruits around to get the right speed on the defensive side of the ball.

Josh Hunt...another speedy linebacker.

Freddie Warner...a kid who once held an offer and committed to defensive-minded Tommy Tuberville. A year ago, I'd have never believed we'd be swiping recruits from defensive-minded coaches likes Tuberville and Mike Stoops. And, yet here we are!

Would have liked to more DTs on the JUCO front. But, I'm going to have to simply trust Dan McCarney and his years of coaching DTs, and hope that his experience can trump the lack of depth for one season.

We're not just hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!

• Upvote 6