Lance Dunbar

AndersonUNT

What do you think the chances that one of these days we see UNT's own Lance Dunbar playing on Sundays?? The more I watch this guy the more he reminds me of a little known TCU running back a few years ago.... ;)

I think it's possible. Even if he does some Patrick Cobbs roles on special teams and certain packages, he should play at the next level.

What do you think the chances that one of these days we see UNT's own Lance Dunbar playing on Sundays?? The more I watch this guy the more he reminds me of a little known TCU running back a few years ago.... ;)

I am amazed that Cobbs only weighed in at 205...he looked stockier than that. Essentially he is the same size as Dunbar.

Patrick in 2003 All Purpose Yards = 1,771 yds

Lance in 2009 with 4 games non-starting status = 1,678 yds.

If Lance stays healthy this year....he will beat that record previously set by Patrick...you can take that to the bank. To answer your question..yes..he shouldn't have a problem getting picked up in the NFL. My only worry is that he gets jerked around like Cobbs did until he finally found a home in Miami.

Edited by All About UNT

I would also like to note some names in the Sunbelt that are up and coming in the RB spot.

- WKU's Bobby Rainey put 155 yds against Nebraska last week with a TD as well. Take the 36 Passing Yds he also gained and you have a player over there. Expect big things from him this year and easily could contend with Dunbar for leading rusher in the Sunbelt if these numbers stay constant.

- FAU has seemingly only Alfred Morris as anyone worthy of mention on the squad...and a big mention at that. He put 114 All Purpose yds up on UAB last week with a TD. I expect that Dunbar should easily outperform Alfred this year...though that shouldn't take away from the fact that Morris has skills.

- Dallas native Phillip Tanner at MTSU put up 75 yds in 8 carries against Minny last week. I would imagine he will be seeing quite a few carries this year (at least early on)with the absence of Dasher.

- Troy seems to have a large variety of RBs but hasn't found a true standout as of yet.

- Ark State is in dire need of a truly skilled RB as its selection seems to lack talent this year.

- ULaLa is in the same boat (if not worse) than both Troy and Ark State.

- ULM and FIU are also lacking the RB department

• Upvote 1

Yeah I can see lance being similar to P.C. ... Who does he remind you guys of? I see a lot of L.T. similarities with his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and his great open field vision and bursts of speed...Does he remind you guys of any current NFL running backs?? Maybe even Michael Westbrook??

He reminds me of Amhad Bradshaw of the NY Giants. Bradshaw is listed at 5-9 198, and built similar to Dunbar. They both have the speed to take it 80 yards to the house, handle the rock 20+ times a game between the tackles, and are excellent receivers out of the backfield.

Bradshaw also went to a smaller school in Marshall (though they have produced players like Moss, Leftwich, and Pennington) and went in the 7th round. Ultimately, I could see Dunbar going in rounds 2-4 depending on how the next few years pan out...