Where There's Hope...there's Fire !

greeneagle69

I've been up reading all all your posts....quite frankly I agree with most of them. We made a few coverage mistakes..it cost us. We made some crappy/non tackles and it cost us. The biggest was obviously the endzone "taunting" call. That penalty has happened more than once to us....WHY !!!

Tune was cool as a cucumber....he has good speed once he decides to move his feet..that's the problem as I see it..he may be waiting too long to "panic" and he loses that initial getaway step. Once he gets away, he seems to make decent decisions.(against Clemson).

Offensive line was too slow at first but made great adjustments and had a great game in my opinion with the run blocking and pass blocking. Sure Tune got sacked...but the line can NOT hold out that size and speed forever, and Tune actually stepped into the the rush due to his own delays at times. I'M SO PROUD OF OUR OFFENSIVE LINE.

Defense was good for a first game...caused more of 3 and outs than I expected....and secondary coverages caused Parker probs. Yes they have 2 good backs that had some good gains. But big plays will happen, theirs turned into points. Their regular stuff..did not ! We did a good job with that overall.

We can all nitpick the hell out of this team for the next 11 weeks. But here's the thaaaaang, For about 50 minutes of this game, our team's performance told the Clemson crowd to "Sit Down and Shut UP" in their own house. What a feeling, huh...when has silence been so golden ???? For once, this was not our typical opener bodybag game...WE WERE NOT MANHANDLED !!!

• Upvote 4

We looked like a legitimate college team yesterday. Clemson obviously had the size and talent advantage, but we looked like we belonged on that field.

Call it negative if you want, but there haven't been many times when we could honestly say that over the past 3 years. And we looked legit against Clemson, not inept against Florida International. That's the really encouraging thing.

I'm still avoiding any expectations, but yesterday was a much better viewing experience (and not just because of the wonderful company) than I ever dreamed it would be.

I've been up reading all all your posts....quite frankly I agree with most of them. We made a few coverage mistakes..it cost us. We made some crappy/non tackles and it cost us. The biggest was obviously the endzone "taunting" call. That penalty has happened more than once to us....WHY !!!

Tune was cool as a cucumber....he has good speed once he decides to move his feet..that's the problem as I see it..he may be waiting too long to "panic" and he loses that initial getaway step. Once he gets away, he seems to make decent decisions.(against Clemson).

Offensive line was too slow at first but made great adjustments and had a great game in my opinion with the run blocking and pass blocking. Sure Tune got sacked...but the line can NOT hold out that size and speed forever, and Tune actually stepped into the the rush due to his own delays at times. I'M SO PROUD OF OUR OFFENSIVE LINE.

Defense was good for a first game...caused more of 3 and outs than I expected....and secondary coverages caused Parker probs. Yes they have 2 good backs that had some good gains. But big plays will happen, theirs turned into points. Their regular stuff..did not ! We did a good job with that overall.

We can all nitpick the hell out of this team for the next 11 weeks. But here's the thaaaaang, For about 50 minutes of this game, our team's performance told the Clemson crowd to "Sit Down and Shut UP" in their own house. What a feeling, huh...when has silence been so golden ???? For once, this was not our typical opener bodybag game...WE WERE NOT MANHANDLED !!!

I saw what you are talking about with the line, Santiago was getting beat early on but he adjusted and started to play better. I like this line in terms of the Rice game and certainly Sun Belt play.