Scholarship Scramble Golf Tournament

KRAM1

Ok, I think the thread on this was removed when the "Non-UNT Sports" thread was deleted...but, even if not, it bears repeating. The Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Association is holding a golf tournament on Columbus Day, Monday, Oct. 12th with a morning tee time. The event will raise money for UNT student scholarships.

Player cost is $125 which includes green fees, cart, goodie bag and lunch. And, the great thing about this tournament is that you can play free. Check out the tournament web site for details on how you can play free and help raise money for UNT scholarships. By the way...we are definitely looking for company, corporate and personal sponsors too. So, if you do not play golf and want to help students at UNT with some scholarship money, please check out the website:

www.MiracleGolfConcepts.com and go to the UNT Tournament page.

If you are interested in helping to sponsor a golfer with a small donation, you are certainly welcome to sponsor me...I have already signed up to play, but am also the Tournament Director. So, you can also PM me here if you have questions.

I hope some of the GMG.Com Nation will help with this event and will help fund some scholarships. Donation of ANY size are welcome and appreciated. GO MEAN GREEN...GO ALUMNI!

Come on you folks...someone has to have at least some interest in helping raise scholarship $$$$ and/or having a great time on holiday Monday....I know...shameless promotion, but I have to keep this up as we definitely need players and supporters.....and sponsors. Doesn't someone work for a firm that might be willing to donate a sponsorship? They start at $50 for a cart sponsorship and go up to a very reasonable $1500 for "tournament sponsor" level. That is really a small amount for most tournaments...even $200 will get you a "hole sponsorship" for your company...the $1500 even gets you 4 golfers in the tournament...that's $500 worth right there. Single player fee is $125, BUT you can play free if you get some friends and family to sponsor you at a min. level of $250 in total sponsorships and that level not only allows you to play free, but gets you a $50 gift card to the Alma Mater Pro Shop. Can't beat it!

Someone...anyone????? I know you are out there and I know you folks work for some companies with soft spots in their hearts for students trying to get funds for school......

Edited by KRAM1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on GMG.com interested in helping support scholarships? If you can't play you can always sponsor a player. I have agreed to play and could certainly use your help as sponsors...PM me and I'll tell you how you can help. I know we have several folks on this board who are golfers and might want to play and many others who support UNT...so how about some help in securing scholarship dollars for some UNT students. Donations can be at any level and I mean that. I've had a $20 donation in sponsorship from a great Mean Green fan, so anything you might could do would help a good bit. Every cent in proceeds goes to the scholarship fund...so.....who might be up for helping out?

Tournament is October 12th...Monday before homecoming Saturday at UNT...what a great way to "kick-off" homecoming activities, right? You get to play some great golf and help UNT students...all at the same time. What's better than that? OK< no smart answers to that question...I can see them coming as I type...

Go Mean Green...

The Tournament has been postponed. If you were thinking about playing or supporting a player in this scholarship fundraiser...we thank you...The Chapter is hopeful that the tournament can be staged at another time/date that would work much better for our potential sponsors and players.

If you have any questions or comment, please feel free to PM me through GMG.com.