Tornado In Murfreesboro, Tn

I live near where significant damage occurred and just down the road a couple hundred yards from where the mother and child lost their lives...

I had been out on the covered patio comforting my dog during the hail that preceded the tornado and had just gone back in and sat down in the living room when I heard the roaring noise everyone says sounds like a train. I went to the kitchen door and saw the dark cloud moving behind the tree line not 100 yards away. I grabbed my dog and we went into a hallway closet until it had passed. I expected any minute the roof would come off but it didn't and as far as I can tell only lost one piece of vinyl trim on the north side of the house. In the hour or hour and a half after the tornado passed I counted 9 ambulances and probably three dozen or so other emergency repsonse vehicles passed by my house on their way to help those hurt not a half mile or so away.

Power just came on just a half hour ago, but some good friends not a mile away still are with out power but they escaped any damage as far as I can tell. There's a lot less fortunate people in the boro tonight.....

I live near where significant damage occurred and just down the road a couple hundred yards from where the mother and child lost their lives...

I had been out on the covered patio comforting my dog during the hail that preceded the tornado and had just gone back in and sat down in the living room when I heard the roaring noise everyone says sounds like a train. I went to the kitchen door and saw the dark cloud moving behind the tree line not 100 yards away. I grabbed my dog and we went into a hallway closet until it had passed. I expected any minute the roof would come off but it didn't and as far as I can tell only lost one piece of vinyl trim on the north side of the house. In the hour or hour and a half after the tornado passed I counted 9 ambulances and probably three dozen or so other emergency repsonse vehicles passed by my house on their way to help those hurt not a half mile or so away.

Power just came on just a half hour ago, but some good friends not a mile away still are with out power but they escaped any damage as far as I can tell. There's a lot less fortunate people in the boro tonight.....

3296_179033315436_798190436_6497668_9509

My heart goes out to y'all. I'm originally from Wichita Falls, Texas and the surrounding area, and have had several family members survive tornadoes that hit their houses (one sister has had two houses blown away while she was in them); fortunately only property damage, but others there have been much less fortunate. I think one lesson that's been learned from studying the tornado of 1979 there is: don't leave a building to get in a car during a tornado.

My heart goes out to y'all. I'm originally from Wichita Falls, Texas and the surrounding area, and have had several family members survive tornadoes that hit their houses (one sister has had two houses blown away while she was in them); fortunately only property damage, but others there have been much less fortunate. I think one lesson that's been learned from studying the tornado of 1979 there is: don't leave a building to get in a car during a tornado.

30 years to the day. Strange.

Odd story about the '79 tornado. A friend of mine (just a boy at the time) moved with his family a few days before that tornado. Things did not work out where they moved, and a week later they returned only to find their house completely destroyed. He's a photographer for a tv station now and regularly chases tornadoes.