Florida Atlantic A Possible Bcs Buster ?

MeanGreen61

Florida Atlantic - Quit laughing. Howard Schnellenberger is still large and very much in charge. It has taken him seven years, but his magic has taken root in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale or wherever they call home.

After the Owls stuck it to Memphis 44-27 in the New Orleans Bowl last December, Schnellenberger reportedly declared, "Advanced training is over ... when we go to Texas next season, we're going there to win the game."

I don't expect that to happen, but if it does, brace for an Appalachian State-style earthquake. This is a veteran team with a capable quarterback in Rusty Smith, and it will go on to annoy Michigan State and Minnesota. The Owls will paste Alabama-Birmingham at home.

CLICK TO READ ARTICLE

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/Marshall/200806220318

I think becuase of the way small schools have been behaving the first couple games of the season Texas and other schools will be locked and loaded for the opening game of the season. I think the games still might be close but you wount find FAU blocking a FG and running it back for a touchdown.

I think becuase of the way small schools have been behaving the first couple games of the season Texas and other schools will be locked and loaded for the opening game of the season. I think the games still might be close but you wount find FAU blocking a FG and running it back for a touchdown.

SEE UCF & ASU GAMES VS. UT LAST YEAR. UT BETTER BE READY FOR SCHNELLY AND FAU OR THIS WILL BE A TRAP GAME SUPREME.

I do think UT will be somewhat down this coming season, so if FAU were to be able to beat them, this would be the year. We won't know until the rankings come out and where UT and Michigan State will be ranked, but I don't think Minn was very good last year, and I am not sure where Michigan State was ranked. I also think that FAU will be ranked low enough that even with an undeafeated season, it will be very hard for them to be able to get into a BCS Buster situation.

I do think UT will be somewhat down this coming season, so if FAU were to be able to beat them, this would be the year. We won't know until the rankings come out and where UT and Michigan State will be ranked, but I don't think Minn was very good last year, and I am not sure where Michigan State was ranked. I also think that FAU will be ranked low enough that even with an undeafeated season, it will be very hard for them to be able to get into a BCS Buster situation.

Last year Hawaii played two 1AA teams, 8 teams with losing records that included a lone BCS win over 4-9 Washington.

Northern Colorado (non-IA) W 63 6

@ *Louisiana Tech (5-7) W 45 44

@ Nevada-Las Vegas (2-10) W 49 14

Charleston Southern (non-IA) W 66 10

@ *Idaho (1-11) W 48 20

*Utah State (2-10) W 52 37

@ *San Jose State (5-7) W 42 35

*New Mexico State (4-9) W 50 13

*Fresno State (9-4) W 37 30

@ *Nevada (6-7) W 28 26

11/23 vs. *Boise State (10-3) W 39 27

Washington (4-9) W 35 28

1/1 vs. Georgia (11-2) L 10 41 @ New Orleans, LA Sugar Bo

Edited by MeanGreen61

Florida Atlantic - Quit laughing. Howard Schnellenberger is still large and very much in charge. It has taken him seven years, but his magic has taken root in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale or wherever they call home.

After the Owls stuck it to Memphis 44-27 in the New Orleans Bowl last December, Schnellenberger reportedly declared, "Advanced training is over ... when we go to Texas next season, we're going there to win the game."

I don't expect that to happen, but if it does, brace for an Appalachian State-style earthquake. This is a veteran team with a capable quarterback in Rusty Smith, and it will go on to annoy Michigan State and Minnesota. The Owls will paste Alabama-Birmingham at home.

CLICK TO READ ARTICLE

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/Marshall/200806220318

It is high time the SBC "shocked the world". It is time.

ULM gave us a "taste" last year. They could have been the media darling with an SBC crown.

It is also time that MT beat a "name". We had UVa on the ropes last year, but a very bad spot cost us the game. If we would have thrown the red flag, I believe wholehearted that the call gets overturned and we run out the clock. We have beaten Vandy 3 times, but they are lowly Vandy. Maryland visits Murfreesboro this year. Time to beat a "big boy". The Terps are no BAMA, but it'd be a signature win for us.

The 1st week always is the most even playing field. It is the best chance for anybody to beat anybody, because the following week is the biggest learning curve...a sort of "Oh I get it" realization for players needing to experience the flow/intensity of a real game.

Bring some more of the major conference teams to SBC stadiums, and you'll see a lot more "upsets". Hard to win when you are continuously going on the road and getting jobbed.

Slowly but surely the SBC is getting "names" to come to their stadiums.