One Mens Ship Left

OldTimer

With the LOI signed with the 6-10 Knox out of Grace Prep in Arlington, Dominique Johns Pt. Guard from arkansas JC and power forward Eric Trammel

that leaves one ship.....................could this be another BIG man transfer? or someone who can help us this year inside? JJ has signed a late signing since he came to NT usually a very good athlete.

We are looking at a another 6'9" player as reported in the Mean Green private recruiting section. I'm not sure why his name cannot appear here if it was announced publicly, which seems to be the case... but I will honor the the private post in the recruiting section by not saying his name.... Could this be person the last ship goes too? Just based on who was recruiting him, I bet it is more up to the player than to JJ as I'm sure JJ would want to sign him in a New York minute if given the chance....

We are looking at a another 6'9" player as reported in the Mean Green private recruiting section. I'm not sure why his name cannot appear here if it was announced publicly, which seems to be the case... but I will honor the the private post in the recruiting section by not saying his name.... Could this be person the last ship goes too? Just based on who was recruiting him, I bet it is more up to the player than to JJ as I'm sure JJ would want to sign him in a New York minute if given the chance....

I just wanted to aire on the side of caution...but I suppose if his info is up on ESPN there really is no need for the recruiting board.

Alex Vouyoukas 6'9" 215 from the Blair Academy, N.J. (former alums include Royal Ivey, Charlie Villenueva and Luol Deng). Vouyoukas originally committed to Davidson, however he failed to qualify (Davidson has very high academic standards...I dont think him failing to qualify there would make him a grade risk here). He is described as a perimeter oriented, typical European style player...more of a 3 than a 4...which should be a good fit in JJ's offense. He's currently considering UNT, Charolette and Loyola, MD.

I think this would be a nice fall back if Roderick Flemings doesn't return...or a huge upgrade if JJ calls up the Knox household with an apology and a walk-on invitation

or a huge upgrade if JJ calls up the Knox household with an apology and a walk-on invitation

That's something that I would never do. Putting it out there that you don't honor your commitments is not something you want to do. If you're a new coach and you don't honor the previous regime's commits that's one thing, but if you recruited the guy to the job you still hold then it's suicide in my opinion.

That's something that I would never do. Putting it out there that you don't honor your commitments is not something you want to do. If you're a new coach and you don't honor the previous regime's commits that's one thing, but if you recruited the guy to the job you still hold then it's suicide in my opinion.

No, I agree with you Emmitt...just a tongue in cheek comment

I just wanted to aire on the side of caution...but I suppose if his info is up on ESPN there really is no need for the recruiting board.

Alex Vouyoukas 6'9" 215 from the Blair Academy, N.J. (former alums include Royal Ivey, Charlie Villenueva and Luol Deng). Vouyoukas originally committed to Davidson, however he failed to qualify (Davidson has very high academic standards...I dont think him failing to qualify there would make him a grade risk here). He is described as a perimeter oriented, typical European style player...more of a 3 than a 4...which should be a good fit in JJ's offense. He's currently considering UNT, Charolette and Loyola, MD.

I think this would be a nice fall back if Roderick Flemings doesn't return...or a huge upgrade if JJ calls up the Knox household with an apology and a walk-on invitation

If you check Rivals he doesn't list an interest in NT as posted in the recruiting forum.