Dfw Area Gets 2011 Super Bowl

I dont think we can do a whole lot. The action is centered in Ag-town, Dallas, and Ft Worth. Might we house some people? Possibly, though its a long shot. We could spruce up Denton to make it more attractive to partygoers who dont want to pay high prices in Dallas though.

News is just breaking.

What can UNT start doing now (apart from winning) to get some bounce from all the publicity?

Let's take advantage.

I dont think we can do a whole lot. The action is centered in Ag-town, Dallas, and Ft Worth. Might we house some people? Possibly, though its a long shot. We could spruce up Denton to make it more attractive to partygoers who dont want to pay high prices in Dallas though.

Nice attitude. That's the ticket.

Anybody got any actually good ideas?

Edited by Green to the Bone

Appreciate the support.

Seriously, though, what we need to do as NT fans is set up shop near Dallas/Arlington. Have an NT exes booth near where the big party is at. Also if the Cowboys arent in it, show up in your Mean Green gear, and just hope the Philadelphia Eagles arent playing.

I think if we have tailgates set up all throughout the week, people will notice.

Student Wise (ill be graduated by then) we should get the Daily and NTTV and KNTU out there all week. Why not? Get them real time experience in media and get us exposure. We sure as hell know SMU and TCU wont be doing this... i think.

Is that good enough for you?

Nice attitude. That's the ticket.

Anybody got any actually good ideas?

Appreciate the support.

Seriously, though, what we need to do as NT fans is set up shop near Dallas/Arlington. Have an NT exes booth near where the big party is at. Also if the Cowboys arent in it, show up in your Mean Green gear, and just hope the Philadelphia Eagles arent playing.

I think if we have tailgates set up all throughout the week, people will notice.

Student Wise (ill be graduated by then) we should get the Daily and NTTV and KNTU out there all week. Why not? Get them real time experience in media and get us exposure. We sure as hell know SMU and TCU wont be doing this... i think.

Is that good enough for you?

I just don't see the marketing opportunities for North Texas with the Super Bowl unless you are looking for a big corporate type to sink money into an athletic facility at NT. Of course, if we are still looking for the big corporate type in 2011 to kick off our stadium plan, then we will have a problem.

Reception and dinner in Arlington for donors, alumni, media, lettermen, etc. Have a credit card machine there to take donations.

Schedule a major home BB game late in the week before Super Bowl week. If we're good enough and promote it enough, somebody will come.

Promote the amazing 2007-2011 turnaround in the success of UNT atheltics, FB and BB, as a local color story for national broadcast and print media.

Tours of the new stadium for people who haven't seen it yet.

Green Brigade and UNT Dancers among those on the field in Super Bowl halftime show.

It was awesome today when I turned on ESPNews and the bottom breaking news section said, "North Texas gets 2011 Super Bowl" or something like that. Of course I knew what that meant. but I had a momentary and funny vision of the Super Bowl at Fouts. That would be HI-larious.

--Publicity is publicity.... the name used is our name even if it did not mean us. That was the headline in Yahoo sports news as well. Out of state people may not know they were refering to the metroplex (Dallas).

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66