Elvis & Celine Duet For Africa Aid! !

If you watched last nights 2 hour version of American Idol and.................. if you didn't get the old frog in the throat sensation, tear-up a bit or just downright weep, it may be time to do a gut check (or at least a tear duct check) on the old emotion's barometer :)

Hollywood came out in full force (via video) and and lest I do a manifesto with this post (of which I will spare you); anyway, I can't begin to name all the rich and famous who made cameos on last night's "IDOL" show.

JUST A FEW OF LAST NIGHT'S HIGHLIGHTS OF AMERICAN IDOL:

Bono making an appearance with the 6 remaining finalists of this season's Amercan Idol. His organization for world aid is www.ONE.ORG

Josh Groban singing "You Lift Me Up" with an African children's choir doing the vocal background and singing a segment of one of its verses. That segment got the old box of kleenex out for many Americans I would venture to say.

Carrie Underwood on location in Africa and among some of that country's youngest poverty-stricken children (many homeless and one particular video segment showing a 12 yr. old African boy whose parents died of aids raising around 8 homeless kids) and all this on video as Ms. Underwood sang a most inspirational song.

The DFW Metroplex' own Kelly Clarkson in great music form along with Jeff Beck (?) playing a very blue-sy guitar lead backing up our local girl.

England's Annie Lenox singing "Bridge Over Troubled Waters."

There were so many more highlights in last night's show but the one musical act that completly blew me (and the TV audience who stood and clapped the entire song) completey away was (by the miracle of television) Elvis Presley singing "If I Can Dream" from his 1968 TV special; and Elvis side-by-side the great Celine Dion as she sang harmony alongside the "The King" with that most memorable (to many Elvis fans) inspirational song that many of us Baby Boomers saw when that show was televised live back in 1968.

On last night's American Idol, ELVIS (circa, 1968) looked like a million dollars as he wore his white double-breasted suit with black tie and alongside him was Celine Dion looking sleek, slender and magnificent and (as always) in great music form with her high octane/high octave style of singing. Her duet with ELVIS was televsion magic of which the millions of Americans who watched that portion of the show will not soon forget.

If you are one of which American Idol is just not your cup of tea or favorite kind of entertainment, do yourself a favor and try to get a copy of last night's show. Many poverty-stricken kids in Africa shown in last night's show will appreciate the millions of Americans who did watch and made their choice to make a personal pledge to (literally) save a life.

The phone number flashed on the TV screen last night is 1- 877- IDOL AID. As mentioned on the show, a minimal $10 donation will buy a simple mosquito net that will ultimately save a life by protecting those sleeping under it from catching malaria which the mosquitos carry.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen