Middle Tenn -0-

Other Teams we compete against regionally

La Tech 6-3*

Tulsa 4-3*

SMU 4-3*

TCU 11-3*, 1-4*

Rice 3-3*

UTEP 7-3*

I think TD did an outstanding job considering the time he had to recruit...I would expect even better next year. I would also note that Scout.com has Cameron Montgomery as a 4* vs Rivals 3* and A.J Penson as a 3* instead of a two star by Rivals. Interesting that two NT prospects rated 2*'s and when one went to TCU and the other to SMU both were raised to 3 *level.

One reason ....I think TD was really looking for quality recruits and did not take a chance on a couple of possible recruits with 3 * or better with grade problems...IE LB from Gilmer and Dez Brant from Lufkin. Remember NT lost 30 recruits over the last 5 years to academic and other reasons.

A couple of points:

1) Just because a lot of other schools listed there, have more 3* and 4* signees than we do....that doesn't mean that they are all qualified. I remember former Baylor coach Kevin Steele used to sign some great classes. But, a lot of good it did them, when half of his recruits didn't qualify. All of our kids are qualified.

2) I hope that our SBC brethren did sign some great players, because we need the Belt to continue to get better. So, if other schools did do well in recruiting, that will just make us all better in the long run.