Recruiting Thought

Starchild0224

I posted this on another thread and got no play, so I'll start one.

Has anyone heard whether WR Chance McCoy has been contacted about playing at UNT? He and Reilly Dodge are friends and had discussed going to SMWho together. Now McCoy says he would play at UNT if contacted. He's not that fast (4.6) but is a great over-the-middle guy who isn't afraid to take a hit. Might be a good fit here.

P.S. He's Colt's brother.

Colt isn't your prototypical QB either, and wasn't as highly regarded as any of the QBs that Texas has had since Major, but he plays with a lot of heart and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes (he's smart). If his brother is cut from the same cloth, I'd take a chance on a guy like that. 4.6 isn't bad if he has really good hands! not sure how big he is. has he been recruited elsewhere?

I think he was 3A all state. I saw him play, he looked pretty good. Might be a good player for Dodge's system. It is real similar to the one his dad ran at Graham this year, with the youngest McCoy boy, Case, a high school freshman, starting at QB.

I didn't realize that the MCoy's are from Graham? That area is a nice breeding ground for under-the-radar talent. UNT has had two players from Graham in recent memory - Tubby Coleman and Jason May.

This was Brad McCoy's first year coaching at Graham. Before, he was at Tuscola Jim Ned, a small 2a school by Abilene. That is where Colt played. I saw Graham play because they beat my hometown in the second round of the 3A playoffs in a 5 overtime game.

I remember Graham from high school as a team who would line up in the Pro-set, and run the triple option every play.. Its good to hear they moved into the 21st century...

I remember Graham from high school as a team who would line up in the Pro-set, and run the triple option every play.. Its good to hear they moved into the 21st century...

I remember Graham as the 3A school with the same school song, fight song, colors, and initials as my alma mater, who beat us 35-0 at Homecoming one year. <_< Man, that was a confusing Homecoming.... :blink:

This was Brad McCoy's first year coaching at Graham. Before, he was at Tuscola Jim Ned, a small 2a school by Abilene. That is where Colt played. I saw Graham play because they beat my hometown in the second round of the 3A playoffs in a 5 overtime game.

Second year, and four overtimes, but no big deal. And what a heckuva game you guys played that night. Graham was lucky.

Chance is about 6-3, he's shown over and over he can handle a double team and will go up and get it. He's been recruited mainly by smaller schools, but has heard from Okie St and SMWho.