We Hammered Wku On The Boards....48-34

SUMG

An amazing response after the UNO loss. You never know how a team is going to respond after a tough loss like that and this is what you want. This was a great team effort to win on the road at a near impossible place to win. I can't help but wonder if this is the "Turn the Corner" game JJ's teams have been waiting for all these years? Once a team gets their taste of winning like this they often times can go crazy and do some great things. We can only hope.

Rick

Actually against WKU that is about average. They are a good defensive team and press well and a lot.

I thought we handled the press the best we have all season. Bell seems to have adjusted well to this very well at this game, and basically just tells everyone to get into the front half court while he moves the ball out of the back half court. And when he is doubled teamed he quickly finds the open man now.

I thought we handled the press the best we have all season. Bell seems to have adjusted well to this very well at this game, and basically just tells everyone to get into the front half court while he moves the ball out of the back half court. And when he is doubled teamed he quickly finds the open man now.

Thats why the turnovers are not a lot. If we didn't play as well as we did it would have been in 30's. Also I think about 6-8 of the turnovers were charges.

WKU is forcing 18 turnovers a game. Against WKU you have to expect that. But with our history with turning the ball over I would like to see that go down to 15.

yeah so we turned the ball over more than what they normally fore you should be aiming for less and not be content when you get more if we turn the ball over only 12 times the game is totally different

We did great on the boards. I don't know if y'all have noticed but we have a very big (both height and weight) and aggressive team. The FCS Atlantic announcers were very impressed with the size of our guys, noting that despite our size we are extremely fast and highly aggressive in going to the basket. They also mentioned that we have a deep bench for big players. I really enjoyed the announcers yesterday. They were obviously WKU supporters but gave a very balanced view of the game and players. They were critical in some aspects of our game, and extremely complementary in others.