How much buzz has TD's hire really caused ?

MeanGreen61

Do we really know/realize how much the hiring of Todd Dodge is causing the name of North Texas to be spoken around the state ?

I've never seen this much to-do about North Texas on message boards, in newspapers all over the state and just plain old person to person discussions. Heck, a planned media blitz by a top-notch ad agency wouldn't even come close to producing the publicity that we've seen.

North Texas has never been a topic, much less any type of hot topic in Corpus Christi. We had a nice size article in the local paper about TD's hire. A total stranger saw my NT hat at the grocery, came over & commented "UNT has a new coach". He then cited TD's 74-1 record at SLC and congratulated me on the hire.

Then I got another "hey North Texas" in the checkout line.

Rest assured that TD's hire got people's attention and they are gonna be watching ! Maybe more than we realize !

Edited by MeanGreen61

Do we really know/realize how much the hiring of Todd Dodge is causing the name of North Texas to be spoken around the state ?

I've never seen this much to-do about North Texas on message boards, in newspapers all over the state and just plain old person to person discussions. Heck, a planned media blitz by a top-notch ad agency wouldn't even come close to producing the publicity that we've seen.

North Texas has never been a topic, much less any type of  hot topic in Corpus Christi. We had a nice size article in the local paper about TD's hire. A total stranger saw my NT had at the grocery, came over & commented "UNT has a new coach". He then cited TD's 74-1 record at SLC and congratulted me on the hire.

Then I got another "hey North Texas" in the checkout line.

Rest assured that TD's hire got people's attention and they are gonna be watching ! Maybe more than we realize !

You're very right. You couldn't buy 1 percent of the publicity for what TD's being paid. And the benefits will extend beyond athletics.

I hope he's so successful that other colleges or pros start throwing money at him in a few years. That would make today's UNT money very, very well spent indeed!

NT will gain several times more value from media, ticket sales, and donations than what they will pay in TD's salary. A great investment by RV already paying off.

BTW, the new UNT Prez experienced a similar media frenzy while at Washington State. They went to I believe the Rose Bowl and donations greatly increased as well as applications to the school! She knows what Athletics can do for a Universities' image, now even at a non-PAC10 University.

Start the NEW STADIUM Campaign! biggrin.gif