I'm Done.

JayDub

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and I just don't know that I can do this anymore. So I think this is the time where I should just hand it in and call it a day.

The SBC sucks. Who cares if we pull off the miracle, beat Troy, and win the conference? This conference wins us no respect. It's a joke.

If we're ever going to take this thing to the next level, it's in winning OOC games and getting the hell out of the SBC.

SMU was a must win...but the rest should be played that way, too.

If you want this thing to succeed...you need to expect more and think like those who laugh at us. Win some games against some teams people have actually heard of and we'll get the respect and money and attendance.

Quit settling for the New Orleans Bowl. It's a fricking joke of a bowl game. Quit settling for beating MTSU every year. No one knows who they are.

I got nothing left for this team. I'm outta here. I always wanted to be able to say that I was in on this thing before it became really huge...but now I don't believe it ever will. And I can't handle that anymore. I accepted mediocrity for a much shorter time than the rest of you...but I don't have the time or money to help make the changes that are necessary, so why should I even bother?

Everyone sits here and bitches about how this isn't happening, that isn't right...then fricking do something about it. How many organizations like the Pit Crew come along wanting to do something about it...only to get minimal help from the same people that help everytime (most of whom don't have the most incredible resources, but have great hearts). Then that group decides it's not worth it when you can't get the biggest fans to support you. That's how everything this athletic dept. and many alum work it here. EVERYTHING IS HALF-ASSED AND EXPECTED TO COME OUT PERFECTLY.

Let me repeat that for many of you. EVERYTHING THIS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT DOES IS COMPLETELY HALF-ASSED...AND YET IT IS ACCEPTED.

I'm sorry for the rant...but after listening to that game last night, I really had to think this through (only for much of my thoughts to not make any sense when written out). Just not able to put myself through this crap anymore...at least not right now.

JayDub--

Unfortunately there is nothing that anyone on the GMG board can do to change the attitude of the current administration. Only the BOR can make the change.

Unfortunately, the BOR views the football team as ENTERTAINMENT only therefore they really do not care about the direction of the team if we win or lose. Until the BOR changes their attitude in the direction we are headed (and we can not get too much lower in the D-1A standings) then we are at the mercies of individuals who have NO interest in athletics.

IMHO, RV is doing everything he can to improve our situation but the BOR is the final ruling authority. RV's only defense is the Nurenburg Defense, "I was only following orders."

If the BOR wants to keep the "STATUS QUO" of having Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey for (THEIR) H.C. then that is their "Final Answer."

Some memorable quotes from last night are:

1. "The light you see at the end of the tunnel is the ship burning and about ready to go down."(paraphrase)

2. "You know things are bad when when you see a lot of positives in a 20 point loss." (paraphrase)

DD has to know that he is the luckiest D-1A coach in college football today because who else could keep this type of job with this type of performance.

1. OK....he did play some horendous OOC BCS teams in the past which we had no chance of winning.....BUT.....DD should have been more competitive in our OOC games against MID-MAJORS!!

2. DD has had a reputation of "poor me" and the situation I am in.

3. DD is now saying that I was "UNPREPARED" for the teams that I played.

4. DD is now blaming his loses on the performance of total team performance when he and his staff are to teach the fundamentals and get the team prepared to "COMPETE" for EVERY GAME!!

5. DD has shown all of us how "UNFLEXIBLE" he is with doing the "same thing" over and over and over and still NOT have sucess. IMHO, I would think that a little light bulb would come on after 8 1/2 years and say...."hummmmmm, something aint workin' maybe I should try something different......kinda like someone who is winning..........nawwwwwww......I just know what I am doing will work.

IMHO, again, WW is so talented that he alone may pull out a SBC title if he continues to play the way he does. Man, I am really glad that we have this young man as our QB.

Last year UNT was within, at least one touchdown, in each of the SBC games we played in winning the SBC and we won 2 SBC games. This year, we have a much improved team with a dynamic QB and a staff that is beginning to show signs of opening up the offence. I believe we run the table on the SBC this year and may have a chance of beating LaTech.

I completely understand your frustrations and I also have higher expectations of our team and our program, but I will NEVER give up on my team. EVER! It wouldn't matter if we dropped down to I-AA. Heck, it wouldn't even matter if we dropped down to NAIA. I would still love my Mean Green.

It is easy to be a fan when things are going great, but it's not so fun to stick it out when they struggle. I have to believe that the Athletic Program will eventually reach its goals and provide nationally competitive teams, but like with anything else in life, there is no guarantee that it will ever happen.

Have some faith.

GMG!

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and I just don't know that I can do this anymore.  So I think this is the time where I should just hand it in and call it a day.

The SBC sucks.  Who cares if we pull off the miracle, beat Troy, and win the conference?  This conference wins us no respect.  It's a joke.

If we're ever going to take this thing to the next level, it's in winning OOC games and getting the hell out of the SBC.

SMU was a must win...but the rest should be played that way, too.

If you want this thing to succeed...you need to expect more and think like those who laugh at us.  Win some games against some teams people have actually heard of and we'll get the respect and money and attendance.

Quit settling for the New Orleans Bowl.  It's a fricking joke of a bowl game.  Quit settling for beating MTSU every year.  No one knows who they are.

I got nothing left for this team.  I'm outta here.  I always wanted to be able to say that I was in on this thing before it became really huge...but now I don't believe it ever will.  And I can't handle that anymore.  I accepted mediocrity for a much shorter time than the rest of you...but I don't have the time or money to help make the changes that are necessary, so why should I even bother?

Everyone sits here and bitches about how this isn't happening, that isn't right...then fricking do something about it.  How many organizations like the Pit Crew come along wanting to do something about it...only to get minimal help from the same people that help everytime (most of whom don't have the most incredible resources, but have great hearts).  Then that group decides it's not worth it when you can't get the biggest fans to support you.  That's how everything this athletic dept. and many alum work it here.  EVERYTHING IS HALF-ASSED AND EXPECTED TO COME OUT PERFECTLY.

Let me repeat that for many of you.  EVERYTHING THIS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT DOES IS COMPLETELY HALF-ASSED...AND YET IT IS ACCEPTED.

I'm sorry for the rant...but after listening to that game last night, I really had to think this through (only for much of my thoughts to not make any sense when written out).  Just not able to put myself through this crap anymore...at least not right now.

I completely understand your frustrations and I also have higher expectations of our team and our program, but I will NEVER give up on my team.  EVER!  It wouldn't matter if we dropped down to I-AA.  Heck, it wouldn't even matter if we dropped down to NAIA.  I would still love my Mean Green. 

It is easy to be a fan when things are going great, but it's not so fun to stick it out when they struggle.  I have to believe that the Athletic Program will eventually reach its goals and provide nationally competitive teams, but like with anything else in life, there is no guarantee that it will ever happen.

Have some faith.

GMG!

Don't quit JayDub. Just come to two more games, stand up during a quiet time (those are getting more frequent in our games these days) and say as loud as you can "WE ARE GETT'IN OUT-COACHED".

Eventually someone will listen.

Edited by SilverEagle

DUB...

Couldn have said it better...I am with you...I will still be at the games i can make cause the job makes it hard, I will still buy tickets and shit if i need too but it get hards when things are consistantly hallf assed...you are correct there...

I give the admin alittle more credit this year I am seeing more emails, signs, promotions etc. around campus and thru mail/email but it seems like it took a shitter of a year where fan support plummeted to ignite that fire (more like a bic lighter) under their arses...

The Pit Crew point...agreed...I am afraid to go into too much explanation on this one because i know the ass reeming i would get from some of the posters here over that....Lets just say, while it lasted...the Pit Crew KICKED talons ass...but its real hard to survive as a group with no love from the top... LONG LOVE GAK...the godfather of that MF'er....

I have now graduated from NT and am trying to get a job in the industry i am passionate about...meaning more than likely said job will take me away from the Mean Green Area once i start rolling.... Can I tell you how excited I am to know if i get outside of 50 miles or so of Denton and wear a NT MEAN GREEN Hat...people think i am supporting some wicked marijuana? Cause it has happened on numerous oocasions....

I love my school...i know you do to Dub...so lets prepared to get flamed for these posts together...

oh and Dub.... This one time Micah Bracy was going.....you know the rest...

I completely understand your frustrations and I also have higher expectations of our team and our program, but I will NEVER give up on my team.  EVER!  It wouldn't matter if we dropped down to I-AA.  Heck, it wouldn't even matter if we dropped down to NAIA.  I would still love my Mean Green. 

It is easy to be a fan when things are going great, but it's not so fun to stick it out when they struggle.  I have to believe that the Athletic Program will eventually reach its goals and provide nationally competitive teams, but like with anything else in life, there is no guarantee that it will ever happen.

Have some faith.

GMG!

You're damn right MG! I don't know how long you've had to endure this JayDub, but quitting on your team is bush league. You can't just pick and choose when to be a fan of the team you love. Being a fan is dealing with the s*** like last year and the bad times from here on, then when things turn around you've go something to be proud of,like the Mav's. Now, I'm assuming that you're just venting right now and you'll be back next week, I hope. Let's say we beat La. Tech (which I thinkwe will), how many people would have been happy with that at the beginning of the year, a 2-3 OOC record? From the polls that were on the sight earlier this season about our OOC record predictions and our season record predictions not many people expected us to be better than 1-4 OOC and 6-6 overall. We've played three teams that won a part of their conference (one better than ours) and two of those three won their bowl games and we've played them at their stadium with basically a freshman qb, freshman cb's, a horrible o-line and a unimaginative coach. Things aren't good, but their not that bad either. Now, I'm going to leave you with one thing...I'm a big believer in fate and I got a good feeling about this.

Jaydub,

We are all frustrated, the reason why is because we had a big win for a our program and nothing else happened from there. Also alot of things in this program is really off, we all know that but we have to live with it until someone on tops realizes it.....

We were in I-AA for years until we were saved

Craig Helwig was at UNT for years and he was the antichrist of UNT athletics

Right now, we need a stadium, to attract good opponents at home and maybe get a sixth game, we need a baseball stadium to finally complete our athletic program and this will allow us to be attractive for ANY CONFERENCE. It is like these idiots never thought this university would ever grow, and have a prospering athletic dept...Just like the city of Denton thought Denton wasnt ever going to grow and he have the Loop 288 problem.

Hang in there Jaydub, you love the mean green just as much as any of us, try to catch as many games as you can while you are still here, and it wont be long until people in Utah drive you crazy enough to where you will be back in Texas