Fouts was pretty full for...

catman12

I drove by Fouts today during the Stephenville-Highland Park game and Fouts looked pretty packed. The announced attendance was 21,??? on The Dallas Morning News website.

Makes me really question what our real attendance numbers are for some of our games if that was only about 21,000. Did anyone go to the game that had a better look at the crowd?

By the way, this is what was said on a high school football board:

Fouts Field! Awful!!

Great game played by both teams! One of the most exciting ever....it was well worth the hour I drove to see it but...

What a pathetic venue to hold a game of that magnitude! I've seen 2 and 3A stadiums that would put that place to shame. The stands are at least 30 yards away from the field with only a very small section of box seats!! The press box and stands look about 50 years old and way outdated! What parent would want to sit in that place for 4 or 5 years to watch their son play??

How embarrassing for a D1 program like UNT to play in a dump like that! Do they put any money into renovating their facilities? Pathetic...

the 21,000 attendence number is pretty dead on. I was at the game sitting on the Highland Park side, they had the home side packed. Stephenville had a good size crowd there too. HP had so many fans that some of them had to sit in the end zone seats.

Probably the best game I have seen at Fouts in the 3 years I have been going to games there.

the 21,000 attendence number is pretty dead on. I was at the game sitting on the Highland Park side, they had the home side packed. Stephenville had a good size crowd there too. HP had so many fans that some of them had to sit in the end zone seats.

Was Stephenville on our alumni side? Because that would make sense... the student side was PACKED when I drove by...

HP has a good team... my friend Tim shoots the video for their games, and I tagged along a few times. Glad to see they pulled out a win.

I drove by and saw the student side and it looked like it was totally FULL. I don't mean pretty full, I'm talking people were sitting side by side full. I've been to many North Texas games when the stands appear to be rather full, but there are MANY open seats around you.

If that was the Stephenville side, and Highland Park had more fans than that, it must have been really crammed on the alumni side. I haven't seen many North Texas games with that many people in the stands. I was surprised when I drove by to see Fouts that full. As I drove toward the stadium, I figured it would look like an average NT crowd, but I was surprised.