Tulsa game this year

Mean'n'Green07

Last year when the new logo was being unveiled I remember RV saying something about the first home game something really cool was going to be shown to all the fans and alumni. Since then I heard a bunch of rumors about what it could be. I don't remember seeing anything like that at the game though, does anyone else recall this? Just curious.

And since we are "talkin' logos". Ever wonder why the helmet logo looks different than the normal stacked North Texas logo.

Check the sticker that came with your season tickets. The T in Texas is pretty much under the N of North. On the helmets the word "Texas" is shifted over to where the T is under the "O" of North. Just a weird observation.

And since we are "talkin' logos".  Ever wonder why the helmet logo looks different than the normal stacked North Texas logo. 

Good observation zeke. What really ticks me off is how the universitysaid the branding campaign was supposed to use ONE logo to unify our university (like ut, tamu, ou, tt). We were supposed to do this so we don't send a 'mixed message' to possible employers and prospective students.

So why the heck do we have an eagle head, full eagle, 'unt' logo, stacked logo (on the football helmets), a normal north texas logo, the nt exes logo and old logos everywhere else on campus. On top of that we're the mean green but it seems to be our 'main' logo is the full body eagle. wink.gif

I just don't get it. Our administration finds a legitimate problem, realizes what needs to be done, but then ruins it by choosing something no really wants.

This was my first observation of the Mean Green this season on TV against ULL (in Denton).

My continuing observation is that we have the ugliest helmet since I started following NTSU in 1986.

The "North Texas" style and font bug me, especially the looping R or whatever it is. The font is plain and boring.

Observation number 2: How many shades of green are roaming the Mean Green sidelines this year? The dance team was in a really bright green, J-Mo had on a pretty bright green, the football team's green was a different shade, the cheerleaders seemed to have a different shade, and the fans were a freaking box of green shaded crayolas.

Has this been a weird year or what! This branding changing color transitional year looks like a debacle from the outside eye.

Now get some revenge - Kelly Green style this weekend!

GMG

This was my first observation of the Mean Green this season on TV against ULL (in Denton). 

My continuing observation is that we have the ugliest helmet since I started following NTSU in 1986. 

The "North Texas" style and font bug me, especially the looping R or whatever it is.  The font is plain and boring.

Observation number 2: How many shades of green are roaming the Mean Green sidelines this year?  The dance team was in a really bright green, J-Mo had on a pretty bright green, the football team's green was a different shade, the cheerleaders seemed to have a different shade, and the fans were a freaking box of green shaded crayolas.

Has this been a weird year or what!  This branding changing color transitional year looks like a debacle from the outside eye. 

Now get some revenge - Kelly Green style this weekend!

GMG

The new helmet is absolutely terrible. The ugliest in IA. I know that it was forced on the team and the department - but my god, I wish that they would have put up a harder fight. There are non scholarship Div III schools that have better uniforms then we do. The Block lettering looks quite good in the end zones but it does not translate well onto a curved surface for the helmet. For all those that complained about the script - don't you miss it now? We never lost when we had th script - coincidence? Of course... but I am superstitious when it comes to uniforms. Uniform changes should be to begin fresh and this year we needed to continue moving forward. Now we have a suck ass helmet and a losing record. I know it is a stupid correlation but it exists none the less.

Zeke

I have no real idea but that is where his love is.

huh?

I think he enjoys the games having seen him there but if you watch him during a football game its an entire different level of intensity as he follows it.

Plus, did the man not coach football?

I could see him getting to do more with decent logos with basketball since the university adminstration may or may not know we have a team.

Personally I think that NT should put everybody on this board into a room and let us design the new logo. TEN BUCKS says that we would have the flying worm back. Back in the day EVERYBODY knew that THAT was North Texas. You didn't even have to have North Texas under it. This all started by the administration back in the day junking that design.