Interesting ASU

This makes me wonder if there is more to the story, but I used to run long distance and I had problems with my feet when I wore Nike shoes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2194835

Can any of you ASU guys give us more info? Interesting story considering all of the contracts that schools have with suppliers now.

Edited by GreenTiger

This makes me wonder if there is more to the story, but I used to run long distance and I had problems with my feet when I wore Nike shoes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2194835

Can any of you ASU guys give us more info?  Interesting story considering all of the contracts that schools have with suppliers now.

This could be a bigger issue for other schools, if it goes to court. ASU’s deal with Addis is not that lucrative compared to the agreements at other, bigger, schools.

Funny how ASU has been pushed into the spotlight by some odd issues this year. The Native American mascot issue is a long way from over and this issue has the potential to have a bigger impact and step on more toes than that issue.

this is interesting. But, if any of you know world soccer... this is nothing knew. Soccer clubs had contracts with many different soccer brands such as adidas, puma, kelme, asics, nike, etc.

But, a more famous cleat that most pros liked awhile back was called the adidas copas. Most here that own soccer cleats from adidas usually have copas or a similar in appearance but weaker quality that doesn't have the supple kangaroo leather called mundials. Anywho, players on clubs that had contracts with other companies refused to give up their copas. SO they would rip off the three stripes on the side of their shoe and then sow on the brand of their teams contracted company. That and a little marker to manipulate the appearance of the cleat made it appear that it was company brand and company made.

Most didn't even notice they were doing this and got away with it.

However, i think the most famous cleat these days is still from adidas... but, they are now called "preditors".

Haven't the Cowboys had issues over brand names. I recall Emmitt Smith having a Reebock or Addidas contract and doing a commercial in front of Texas Stadium proclaiming it as "his house". This created a rucuss 'cause there is (or was) a big Nike swoosh out front.

I personally won't wear Nike products. I'm a long distance runner and prefer Asics.