Where was Tina?

DeepGreen

Interesting that our Lady Eagle basketball coach of the past 50 years, Tina Slinker, was not part of the Fox Sports SW segment when they were discussing Baylor Lady Bears getting into the final four for the National Championship. No, they chose the womens coach from UTA. What a slap in the face to the NT program. mad.gif

Interesting that our Lady Eagle basketball coach of the past 50 years, Tina Slinker, was not part of the Fox Sports SW segment when they were discussing Baylor Lady Bears getting into the final four for the National Championship.  No, they chose the womens coach from UTA.  What a slap in the face to the NT program. mad.gif

Umm, they may have chosen the UTA coach because the UTA ladies' team made it to the NCAA tourney. Fox Sports was actually good judgment on that. No offense to our ladies' but why choose Tina whose team was not in the tourney (and thus not a relevant selection) over UTA's coach who actually had a team play in the tourney?

It is not a slap in the face to us. Fox just wanted to use a coach who had a team play in the NCAA tourney in which Baylor was in the Final Four and now in the title game. Don't get so bent out of shape....

Edited by GreenBrigadeDebbie

Umm, they may have chosen the UTA coach because the UTA ladies' team made it to the NCAA tourney. Fox Sports was actually good judgment on that. No offense to our ladies' but why choose Tina whose team was not in the tourney (and thus not a relevant selection) over UTA's coach who actually had a team play in the tourney?

It is not a slap in the face to us. Fox just wanted to use a coach who had a team play in the NCAA tourney in which Baylor was in the Final Four and now in the title game. Don't get so bent out of shape....

You're correct. Fox did make the right choice for the interview. I overreacted because I forgot that UTA made it to the tourny this year. Kudos for UTA and their coach.

• 2 weeks later...

UNT was not included in the Fox coverage, because as you pointed out, we were not

in the NCAA tournament. The other reason is that they, and rightly so, don't feel that

we have a respectable women's team. It's not the players. Tina has recruited some

talent because she is a very attrative and nice person. The girls are excited to come

to NT only to find out that she can't coach a lick!

Come on Rik, pull the trigger and lets build an exciting WINNER at NT. I buy 6 season

tickets for the men, but I wouln't drive accross the street to watch the way she can

screw up talented kids.

There, the greenfrog has croaked, and I croaked cause I love the green and only want

us to become something special in this part of our athletic program.

I remember talking to Empress Drane several years back(I knew her kinda sorta well) and she told me Slinker was a terrible coach. I remembered taking up Tina's side because we were in the midst of those 4-5 good years we had and thought Drane was being overly critical.

Now, I really wonder if Drane wasn't right.