Mean Green Invasion of Lubbock

EDIT: With the end of softball season comes the look-ahead to the 2024-25 academic/athletic year. The 2024 football season will feature the first game of a (planned) home-and-home with Texas Tech on Saturday, September 14th in Lubbock.

If you're interested in joining our group, staying together with other Mean Green fans at the same hotel, and other weekend group activities, please fill out this interest form to help me out: https://forms.gle/TBUiDfBsrH5bQTT16

Group tickets will range from $27.50-$37.50 with no extra fees in the two sections (117/118) we're starting from and group tickets are already available for purchase. I just need at least 20 commitments to get the group discount.

Just a reminder of the type of "takeovers" we had on only 1-2 weeks notice earlier this year:

image.png.1797a3db7b9e4fcb221a5715c6448cfb.png

image.png.ce9a2aa1a42c728bc6a1b2e503506293.png

image.png.cf528235c9f73fb2b19c3cb426e1d057.png

Original message: Your fellow group organizer here! Who all for sure is going to make the trek up to Lubbock for the 9/14 game at Tech? I'm still awaiting RFPs for hotel discounts, but wanted to go ahead and buy the initial group of 20 tickets needed to get the group discount within this week or next.

The red ($27.50) and gold ($37.50) areas are the only sections opened up to group sales. We're looking at 117 and 118 to start out with. Let me know if you're interested and would be willing to get your tickets now. Trying to do it early before the group gets too split up.

Screenshot_20240503-090925.png.e2f628bad087bbc79b89ed6371dc8a68.png

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Love what you are doing, but would it be worth checking with our AD to see how they are doing tickets for this game?  Do they get credit or earn some revenue based off of what they sell?  Just curious.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Love what you are doing, but would it be worth checking with our AD to see how they are doing tickets for this game?  Do they get credit or earn some revenue based off of what they sell?  Just curious.

I have checked with the AD a couple of months ago when basketball season was still in session. I was told they make a very slim margin on tickets. Plus like most opposing venues, the visiting team (and band) are given isolated sections in the corners. For Tech, they're giving our AD tickets in Sections 110 and 111, which is weird considering our team will be on the east sideline.

I think they don't want opposing colors to be on the TV side.

Texas Tech University Jones AT&T Stadium Seating Chart and ...

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

I have checked with the AD a couple of months ago when basketball season was still in session. I was told they make a very slim margin on tickets. Plus like most opposing venues, the visiting team (and band) are given isolated sections in the corners. For Tech, they're giving our AD tickets in Sections 110 and 111, which is weird considering our team will be on the east sideline.

I think they don't want opposing colors to be on the TV side.

Texas Tech University Jones AT&T Stadium Seating Chart and ...

Thanks.  Again, I appreciate what you are doing and will be in for some tickets to that game for sure since I live out here in no man's land.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thanks.  Again, I appreciate what you are doing and will be in for some tickets to that game for sure since I live out here in no man's land.

Absolutely! If you want to purchase with us let me know how many.

Back when I started doing the group outings with basketball, I didn't think I'd expand this to football because of the allotted tickets that benefitted UNT, but because of seat locations and higher prices I thought why the heck not.

Ultimately, I don't want to compete with what UNT is doing, I just want more green at the game.

For these road games at South Alabama, Texas Tech, and UTSA I've been prospecting through LinkedIn for people who live near those areas and have been having good conversations with getting those people out. The end goal is not only to increase engagement but also try to drum up interest in establishing more alumni chapters.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

• Harry pinned this topic
On 5/6/2024 at 1:42 PM, Matt from A700 said:

EDIT: With the end of softball season comes the look-ahead to the 2024-25 academic/athletic year. The 2024 football season will feature the first game of a (planned) home-and-home with Texas Tech on Saturday, September 14th in Lubbock.

If you're interested in joining our group, staying together with other Mean Green fans at the same hotel, and other weekend group activities, please fill out this interest form to help me out: https://forms.gle/TBUiDfBsrH5bQTT16

Group tickets will range from $27.50-$37.50 with no extra fees in the two sections (117/118) we're starting from and group tickets are already available for purchase. I just need at least 20 commitments to get the group discount.

Just a reminder of the type of "takeovers" we had on only 1-2 weeks notice earlier this year:

image.png.1797a3db7b9e4fcb221a5715c6448cfb.png

image.png.ce9a2aa1a42c728bc6a1b2e503506293.png

image.png.cf528235c9f73fb2b19c3cb426e1d057.png

Original message: Your fellow group organizer here! Who all for sure is going to make the trek up to Lubbock for the 9/14 game at Tech? I'm still awaiting RFPs for hotel discounts, but wanted to go ahead and buy the initial group of 20 tickets needed to get the group discount within this week or next.

The red ($27.50) and gold ($37.50) areas are the only sections opened up to group sales. We're looking at 117 and 118 to start out with. Let me know if you're interested and would be willing to get your tickets now. Trying to do it early before the group gets too split up.

Screenshot_20240503-090925.png.e2f628bad087bbc79b89ed6371dc8a68.png

Thanks admin for pinning this thread! I edited the original message, let me know if you have interest in joining our group September 14 in Lubbock:

https://forms.gle/TBUiDfBsrH5bQTT16

• Upvote 2

• Matt from A700 changed the title to Mean Green Invasion of Lubbock