Program Thoughts

UNTLifer

One of my son's loves coming to Denton and to the games with me.  Up until this year, it has always been football games.  This year we attended a couple of basketball games, and I asked if which he preferred.  His response was that he likes both, but that he liked basketball more because it is non-stop, he liked the gameday presentation and the fact that it was only two hours out of his day instead of 3+ for the football games. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Agree with these ideas.   

Athletics is not communicating with ALL it's potential fans or past Alums. 

Not everyone is a 20-something that tweets.

A real investment is needed. If it were me I would also hire a consulting firm to do surveys and gather data to see a clear picture or what we have and don't, then develop a strategy on how to change things. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

UNT vs. SMU in the AAC would be pretty sweet!  Make it so, Mosely!

I thought about suggesting that game be the one in the AAC (arena), but I think that game would be well attended by our students and would take that home court advantage edge away from us. I think we'd all like to keep that one at home. 😅

• Lovely Take 1

We actually eclipsed last year's average attendance by +22 a game even with the 8,522 LaTech game last year in the mix.  Our lowest attended was 2,514 (Paul Quinn) and the highest was 5,002 (WKU).  Prior to the LaTech outlier we were on pace for an 8-9% increase in average attendance.  Repeat that next year and we're over 4,000 average (4052-4090).  I think that will be on the low end of what we can expect next year.

image.png.5560aa557d2a7b892ee2d4054d03384c.png

• Upvote 1