The wife and I are down in Pismo Beach CA for a little "mind vacation" last week and are waiting to eat dinner at one of the good restaurants there. In comes a guy with wife and kids wearing an Oklahoma sweatshirt. Now, there are lots of Okies out here in California, but when he and I were washing our hands I asked him if and when he went to OU. "Oh, no", he said, he just likes their teams! He said, "I went to Texas Tech, but its hard to like their teams, so I back the Sooners."

Maybe it's called "The Red Raider Rut!" tongue.gif

Corby on the Ticket went to TCU and UNT, but supports OU. I guess Criag Miller also went to UNT and supports OU. It's easy to like a team that wins all the time. It is much harder to support your team when they have losing teams. Tech has a good history of sports. Nothing like a fair weather fan. If Tech were winning championships that person might support them. I don't get it.

Guest e-bone

I have a hard time respecting someone who can't stay with their team through thick and thin, and can only be a fan of a team who wins.

There is a guy in my summer school class who was wearing UT hat and I asked him if he was from Austin or was just taking summer classes at NT. He said he was from Denton and goes to NT, but he couldn't support us becase we were losers and played in a weak conference. Why go to a school if you aren't going to support it? It makes no sense to me.

I have a hard time respecting someone who can't stay with their team through thick and thin, and can only be a fan of a team who wins.

There is a guy in my summer school class who was wearing UT hat and I asked him if he was from Austin or was just taking summer classes at NT. He said he was from Denton and goes to NT, but he couldn't support us becase we were losers and played in a weak conference. Why go to a school if you aren't going to support it? It makes no sense to me.

Only losers support other schools if they have no connection to them. We should work that type of thing onto a shirt.