Another example of failure

untjim1995

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

It shows what short-sightedness and apathy for the main window to every other university's athletic programs that we have endured by showing those of us that still hang around here just how little thought gets put into our program's future.

We are where we are because we get what we demand. Very few people care about our sports teams, particularly at the top of the university. Smatresk is trying to change it, but I fear that without any backing or sufficient leadership from the AD, its not going anywhere here--you know, kinda like the last 40 years...

Meh it's one practice. We've got years ahead of trying fix this problem of a department that was left.

WB has a monster of a project to fix.

I get what you're saying that Tech beating us to the punch is a part of the whole, but at this moment I'm more worried about the Department internally (in terms of administrative staff and management structures that have been a source of our woes), our now-failing infrastructure, and coaching staff.

Small steps, Ellie. 40 years of ineffectiveness won't be fixed in 6 months. By fixing our administrative staffing problems, perhaps this would not be an issue (as in, someone in the AD would have stepped up). I don't think we're there yet.

• Upvote 1