The new soccer complex

Reb UT '70

Everything I have to say also has to take into consideration that we will have a stadium in two years. For example, I would be very unhappy with the 'clock/scoreboard' if this was going to be the one we were going to live with forever. I don't like to waste money, and I think you have to walk a fine balance when you're talking about a field that will be a rec sports field after next season.

The pitch is wonderful. The grass is great and it is very level. One corner drops off, but I was told that the contractor would be called back to fix it. This is very important is soccer as you want the ball to roll true and to bounce true. This is brand new sod, and of course there are some uneveness to it, but that will settle down as the grass takes root and water and rain disolve the dirt. I also understand that we will have shade tents for the players from both teams, I don't suppose it would be considered sporting to provide shade for our players and not the visitors... nah it wouldn't work.

The lights are good, much better than what we had last year and high enough so that they won't be a factor. I haven't seen the bleachers yet, but there is plenty of room for them and I'm looking forward to seeing them. I am also excited about having a fence around the field, what we need to do now is to sell ad space to local businesses to give it a nice solid feel. I don't know if that's allowed under NCAA rules, but I'd like to see it if it is.

Having restrooms and a concession stand is wonderful, and it's a nice building. The only down side I can see is that we have a lack of parking. I noticed that some cars had to park a pretty good hike from the field, but I don't think there is any rememdy for that, unless it would be some sort of shuttle service from a University parking lot.

Bottom line this is a nice place to play, and not a bad place to watch. I think it will be a positive in recruiting to be able to say... "See this, wait until you see what we're going to build, this was put in place for a two year stay!"

One last suggestion, If anyone knows someone at the Peterbuilt plant, I would love to see a caption on the building, just below the logo that says something like "We support the Mean Green soccer team" Won't happen, too many of the folks who arrive are for the other team, but it would be nice.