Surprises for first CUSA Home Game?

Cerebus

So our official colors are this particular green, white and black?

I don't think anyone has a problem with using black as an accent color as long as the predominate color is green. My fave uni's:

finalistsslideshow-thomas.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wonder what the total cost of going to black uniforms, or any type of unnecessary uniform color change, would cost the AD? $100K? $200K?

Our colors are green and white. Keep our traditions. Stick with the current uniforms we have already paid for. Use the money saved to increase the salaries of your very best assistant football coaches, soccer coaches, tennis, etc.

Carry on.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Wonder what the total cost of going to black uniforms, or any type of unnecessary uniform color change, would cost the AD? $100K? $200K?

Our colors are green and white. Keep our traditions. Stick with the current uniforms we have already paid for. Use the money saved to increase the salaries of your very best assistant football coaches, soccer coaches, tennis, etc.

Carry on.

Did you take any math classes at UNT?

105 players = 105 uniforms. I'm assuming they wont need new pads/helmets/jock straps/whatever-else... We're just talking jerseys, pants, socks? cleats? gloves?

Do you really think a new set of jerseys, pants, socks? cleats? gloves? would cost $1k - $2k per?

• Upvote 1

Do you really think a new set of jerseys, pants, socks? cleats? gloves? would cost $1k - $2k per?

If there's a helmet involved, maybe. But I would admittedly be a really crappy contestant on The Price Is Right, because I never shop for anything that doesn't involve hops or corn tortillas.

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone has a problem with using black as an accent color as long as the predominate color is green. My fave uni's:

finalistsslideshow-thomas.jpg

That's also the best green we've ever had. Can someone explain why we went with a lighter green anyway? As I recall, it coincided with the firing of Dickey/hiring of Dodge.

Or, no...that was a different light green. Now, we're at this green that is greener, but not like the good, old, dark, meaner looking green.

Give me the meaner looking green, interlocking NT or SOW on the helmet, "Mean Green" on the collar, and pants with the old school double stripe for $500, please, Chuck!

Did you take any math classes at UNT?

105 players = 105 uniforms. I'm assuming they wont need new pads/helmets/jock straps/whatever-else... We're just talking jerseys, pants, socks? cleats? gloves?

Why yes, I did take math at UNT. Back in the 1960's. We did, in fact, have several problems on the cost of outfitting the Eagle football team with new uniforms that would please the fans and the "younger football recruits". Based on inflation from that era, it would cost roughly $104, 667.29 or $1,231.37 per player to outfit the team with new uniforms today. Now, if you go with the Darryl Dickey "off the Academy shelf black uniform" route, you can drop that to $19.73 per player.

(Insert sarcasm)

For future reference, UNT green is PMS 356C. 355C is used as well for certain applications.

Actually, that's 355U.

For proper reference, 356C is the ideal color and reference point color. It's also the mandate color green on coated dull and gloss paper. For uncoated paper, 355U can be used if the paper will yield a darker color (like 357C) if 356U or 356C were to be used.

Edited by meangreendork
  • Upvote 2

That's also the best green we've ever had. Can someone explain why we went with a lighter green anyway? As I recall, it coincided with the firing of Dickey/hiring of Dodge.

Or, no...that was a different light green. Now, we're at this green that is greener, but not like the good, old, dark, meaner looking green.

Give me the meaner looking green, interlocking NT or SOW on the helmet, "Mean Green" on the collar, and pants with the old school double stripe for $500, please, Chuck!

I've said that many times. We need a GREEN that is MEAN and represents our nickname.

Often we've thrown out the green equivalent of powder blue.

I've somewhat okay with the current uni colors, but absolutely HATE the helmet color that looks like we're running around with this on our heads. Let's give a cheer for the Mean Peas!!!

2uh3i0w.jpg

I like it when Kram gets feisty and makes the appropriate call out. Our green is bright and makes a nice television appearance. Now our team needs to make sure they get us a lot of fantastic attention and air time in our flash green. Get it on wear it proud be green and get to Apogee this weekend!!!!! GMG

Given Mac's attendance comments, I don't expect any "surprises."

If there were something special planned, it'd be promoted to drive attendance.

Black on Halloween makes too much sense. It's used all over the field/endzone already

Temple has the "T" on one side and the liberty bell on the other. On ESPN tonight.

NT should put the SOW on one side and "North Texas" on the other.

:thumbsu:

Good idea'r.

Might SOW fit on the back of our helmet and work that way as well or be too imbalanced?

Temples "T" looks like one Texas A & M used back in the day.