Last couple ships

H-towngreen

Here's my guess. About this time of the year or in January, you see a couple of big league guys who fell off the radar and then all of a sudden have landed a test score or improved their academic lot enough to be back on the market. If I was UNT, I would keep at least a couple of spots open for this type of situation.

I would also want to add another Juco tackle with size who could play in the spring. The problem is so does everybody else!

I think you have to place some faith in Mac and the staff here. We all thought the D-line was going to be average at best last season and it turned out to be a real strength.

I'm not going to lie though -- there is nothing out there in terms of a defensive linemen that we appear to be closing in on. So if they are on one it is major stealth.

Here's my guess. About this time of the year or in January, you see a couple of big league guys who fell off the radar and then all of a sudden have landed a test score or improved their academic lot enough to be back on the market. If I was UNT, I would keep at least a couple of spots open for this type of situation.

I would also want to add another Juco tackle with size who could play in the spring. The problem is so does everybody else!

I think you have to place some faith in Mac and the staff here. We all thought the D-line was going to be average at best last season and it turned out to be a real strength.

I'm not going to lie though -- there is nothing out there in terms of a defensive linemen that we appear to be closing in on. So if they are on one it is major stealth.

Signing day was today for guys who wish to be eligible in the spring.

Signing day was today for guys who wish to be eligible in the spring.

Right - which tells us (barring unusual circumstances) that a spring available juco defensive lineman isn't going to happen in this class. Plan B? Look at the late qualifier pool (ie Sid Moore) and start thinking about the pool of juco defensive linemen who graduate in May. I don't know what other options you have at this point. I think they are sitting on 2-3 spots and waiting to see what comes available. The good news is most of the big boys are done.

Right - which tells us (barring unusual circumstances) that a spring available juco defensive lineman isn't going to happen in this class. Plan B? Look at the late qualifier pool (ie Sid Moore) and start thinking about the pool of juco defensive linemen who graduate in May. I don't know what other options you have at this point. I think they are sitting on 2-3 spots and waiting to see what comes available. The good news is most of the big boys are done.

As for the big boys being mostly done, hate to qualify them as a big boy because they may or may not be but they are above us on the totem pole right now, but Houston is who we need to pay attention to.

Houston has one defensive tackle committed. They are after basically all of the d-tackle guys that we are after. JT Williams, Aaron Jenkins, and Darrius Montgomery. They won't take them all, and hopefully we aren't left taking their leftovers, but getting whoever they don't get would be better than getting no one.

• Upvote 1